What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which teams can we put a line through for 09 realistically?

Dazraider

Juniors
tigers win today and they are 7th, parra really needs to win to be 1 point off and thinkl they will choke today against the knights

Gaba

First Grade
souths,tigers and eels have been playing thier grand finals probably the last 4 weeks and there is still another 4 weeks for those sides to go.
those 3 sides have been playing thier grand finals 2 months before the finals and the best they can get is 7-8th, cant see them doing much by the time the finals come

Eels , tigers one certain thing they both cant make it they play each other

Last edited:

sando88

Not a Moderator
i still give brisbane every chance of winning the rest of their games
tigers should win against sharks and one win against either parra, titans, bulldogs should get them their on f/a
knights.. going downhill in a hurry. would have to win 3 games or 2 games by big margins
souths.. tough run home 1 loss will end it
eels. will need to beat tigers and only be allowed to suffer one loss against the dragons
manly.. not sure about their draw but cant see them missing out
cowboys. need a bit of form but their good f/a should see them at least get 8th spot

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Firstly, assume that the top 4 is set as there is a 4 point gap to 5th with a possible 8 points for those teams behind. That doesn't even account for FA.

Secondly, if we assume that from Penrith to the Broncos are in the running for the last four spots, if each team won their remaing four games, they would end up on (assume Broncos win vs Sharks, to give them max points):

Panthers 33 (4)
Cowboys 32 (2)
Tigers 32 (1)
Sea Eagles 32 (0)
Knights 32 (2)
Rabbitohs 31 (1)
Eels 31 (2)
Broncos 32 (2)

The brackets are how many times they play others in the group.

Tells me that we are likely to see the bottom of the 8 at 28 or 29 points.

Knightmare

Coach
The only thing wrong with the Knights at the moment is attitude. If they turn up with the attitude they had a month ago, they could very well win every match from here on. I wouldn't go rubbing their name out yet.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
KM, sadly we're gone :(

We haven't had that attitude you speak of for the last four weeks. What makes you think anything can possibly change?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
We have lost Wing (hammy), Crocker (ankle), Talanoa (knee) and Champion (hand) all for the season after tonights game. Add Asotasi to the list and the fact that we have to win our last 3 games to make it.

So yes, we're f@cked.

Knightmare

Coach
KM, sadly we're gone :(

We haven't had that attitude you speak of for the last four weeks. What makes you think anything can possibly change?

Because there has to be a point where the players quit blaming Brian Smith leaving or whatever else and realise that it's their own attitude that is costing them. Playing at home again is also cause to try and restore some pride.

StinkyPete

Juniors
my realistic 8

1.Dragons
2.Bulldogs
3.Titans
4.Storm
5.Panthers
6.Sea Eagles
7. Eels
8. West tigers/Cowboys

Latest posts