What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the richest clubs outside the NRL?

yakstorm

First Grade
Based upon revenue and not directly affiliated with an NRL club, the biggest in NSW would be:

Mounties (Mt Pritchard) - $76.6m
Blacktown Workers - $60.6m
St Mary's - $44.4m
Norths Group - $29.0m
Wentworthville - $27.6m
Ryde-Eastwood - $12.4m
Wyong - $11.2m
Bankstown Sports - $10.2m

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Based upon revenue and not directly affiliated with an NRL club, the biggest in NSW would be:

Mounties (Mt Pritchard) - $76.6m
Blacktown Workers - $60.6m
St Mary's - $44.4m
Norths Group - $29.0m
Wentworthville - $27.6m
Ryde-Eastwood - $12.4m
Wyong - $11.2m
Bankstown Sports - $10.2m
Notable that the top 5 of those exceed the revenue of every NRL football club, though obviously the majority of those also have associated Leagues clubs. When you consider that a team like the Warriors manage on revenue of 11.6m with no associated Leagues club, it’s far from a level playing field.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It gotcha. I think the Op could have framed the question a bit better.
Broncos must have money to have a club like that, plus the realestate. Having said that who owns both easts and Broncos. Broncos is NewsLimited isn't it...that's a healthy bank account.
I assume the question meant leagues clubs or is it football clubs?
The old Crushers was reasonable but had sticky carpet. ;)
The Broncos are a publicly traded company so you can buy shares in them on the Australian Stock Exchange and be a part owner. Having said that, yes. News Limited own a controlling share of the company.

In terms of how rich a club is, well, what are the assets controlled by the club? Dolphins and Sydney Roosters own their real estate assets and leagues clubs so that would count. Newcastle is different for example, they are owned by Wests Newcastle and therefore the club is an asset for the owner.

Easts in Brisbane seem to own and control their assets under the football club.

Nutz

Bench
The Broncos are a publicly traded company so you can buy shares in them on the Australian Stock Exchange and be a part owner. Having said that, yes. News Limited own a controlling share of the company.

In terms of how rich a club is, well, what are the assets controlled by the club? Dolphins and Sydney Roosters own their real estate assets and leagues clubs so that would count. Newcastle is different for example, they are owned by Wests Newcastle and therefore the club is an asset for the owner.

Easts in Brisbane seem to own and control their assets under the football club.
Good info. Is that from an article, if so can you post the reference for my own edumication. ;)
I'm wondering what the motive of this thread is. Was it to compare wealth of NRL clubs to non NRL clubs. Possibly highlighting that NRL clubs aren't that wealthy to say those in Brisbane who don't have revenue from NRL.
Years ago football clubs and leagues clubs went hand in hand with pokies paying a lot of footy bills. Some footy clubs now don't have one. Footy players salary is paid for by the NRL so club don't rely on pokies as much but more from major sponsors and investors
That's how I see it anyway

Latest posts