What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the worst chokers?

18to87

Coach
I don't know about others but the fans who use the Chokers tag on the Dragons the most frequently in my life are Tigers fans.

The Tigers win the comp, don't make the finals for 5 years, then lose to the Dragons who then win the comp. Yet for the last 2-3 months this season all I hear from Tigers fans is that the Dragons are chokers.

Last night was a bit of karma I think.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
North Sydney Bears. No one else comes close. I love them don't get me wrong and bleed red and black and can't wait for the day we get out of hibernation but I'm also a realist. That's what makes us Bears supporters a tight knit group, we experience disappointment and keep come back with louder support.

Go the Bears!! Beat those Bluebag Jets tomorrow!

cussy

Juniors
Haaaaa!!! USAIN only choker is you your choking on someones balls. Tigers have to be the newly crowned chokers. Last year didn't they lead both the Roosters and Dragons before losing? This year unbackable favourites leading into the game v Warriors playing in Sydney, piggyback penalties and help from the refs and they still lose??? They are the definition of chokers.

eaglefan64

Juniors

what's worse is the refs were giving the game to the tigers late in the second half and they still couldn't hang on to win. props to the warriors for overcoming the * refs.

benji and farrar choke again when the pressure is on. how hard is it to kick the ball down field on the last tackle? sucked in to the refs' pets.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The refs wanted
Benji and his bunch of merkin tigers to win the game
they were giving them non-existing penalties.
In the end it was karma and it was fantastic to see
the scum get knocked-out.:p

Vic Mackey

Referee
I love how saints fans have started all these threads bagging the tigers. Not quiet sure why they hate us do much or why they are getting so much pleasurefrom us losing.

I couldnt care less what happens from Now. I'm out tonight so won't be watching the game and have just bought tix for parklife so won't be watching the grand final

dragons are full of state of origin and australia players they should of belted the tigs last week 30-0

im pretty sure nz have a lot more rep quality players than the tigers to

btw anyone notice tigers defense seemed to disapear once gibbs left the field ? im not lookiing forward to next year at all :?

dragons are full of state of origin and australia players they should of belted the tigs last week 30-0

im pretty sure nz have a lot more rep quality players than the tigers to

btw anyone notice tigers defense seemed to disapear once gibbs left the field ? im not lookiing forward to next year at all :?

Blair>Gibbs in defence, we'll be sweet next year.

18to87

Coach
I love how saints fans have started all these threads bagging the tigers. Not quiet sure why they hate us do much or why they are getting so much pleasurefrom us losing.

I couldnt care less what happens from Now. I'm out tonight so won't be watching the game and have just bought tix for parklife so won't be watching the grand final

I think you will find that most Saints supporters cop the "choke" tag and signs from Tigers fans more than any other team. Even last week we got it leaving the ground despite winning the comp last year.

Eddie.

Bench
If it was a PF or GF it would have hurt more to be honest. The Tigers without Gibbs were buckley's chance of going to Melbourne and winning.

The whole choking thing is just embarrassing. Tigers were never the Premiership favourites. They won 9 in a row which was a fantastic effort, however they ran out of puff last night. They were beaten by a stronger side on the night despite having favourable calls.

Dissapointing for us however overall another good year. 2 years in a row inside the Top 4. It's been over 20 years since Balmain/Wests have done that. It's really good times for the club on and off the field. IN a much helathier position then some other prominent Sydney clubs.

Well done Warriors, love the footy they play and good luck to them next week.

mongoose

Coach
The Dragons 'chokers' tag is a bit of a myth. Just like the myth that the raiders cant hold onto their juniors.

Firstly they were underdogs in 92, 93 and 96 grand finals. Secondly the 92/93 Broncos and the 96 Sea Eagles are two of the greatest club sides ever.

99 was a bit of a choke, just the way the Dragons lost it. They demolished the minor premiers, albeit the Sharks in the prelim and looked sure things in the first half of the GF.

in the 2000s they always had a strong side on paper but underperformed most years. They possibly should have made the GF in 05 and 06 but they weren't morals.

09 is a choke. To go out in straight sets after losing to 8th and then a broncos side that scraped into the top 8.

Like someone else said the Roosters losing grand finals in 00, 03 and 04 is more of a choke than anything the Dragons have done in the last 20 years.