What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

t-ba

Post Whore
He's a hell of a player and I'm sad that if the rumours are true (he was an idiot when he was younger and that's proving difficult to move on from apparently), he needs to be somewhere else.

Hopefully he'll keep kicking arse in NZ.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah I don't know if we will get him, whenever its public like this eg Lodge, Tino, Pangai, Rudolf it never seems to work out for us.

When there is no publicity around the negotiations is when we seem to get the guy. Still it would complete the forward pack and allow us to to strengthen the halves and backline areas for the following season.

Big Marn

Juniors
Bryce Cartwights 450k contract just got torn up by Titans. Does that give them enough cap space to make a play for AFB? f**k...

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Bryce Cartwights 450k contract just got torn up by Titans. Does that give them enough cap space to make a play for AFB? f**k...
If we don't get AFB, imagine the titans forward pack with
Afb
Motueka
Fafita
Tino
Proctor

Scary pack, would be great to watch

Basically sounds like his wife is demanding they get out of Sydney and away from his gang links from the past now they have a young, large family.
Trouble always has a way of finding you if you are looking for it, no matter where you live.

Sio Siua Taukeiaho managed to move away and stay away from trouble, but that is in the Roosters culture/sombrero.

Leber

Bench
Huh? He kicked his missus.
?

What’s the “huh” for?

AFB was involved in an isolated incident surrounding domestic violence, participated in extensive counselling afterwards and is still with the girl in question.

Matt lodge broke into a house while drunk and systemically tortured the owners for hours.

In comparison, What Matt lodge did was worse that what AFB did. Period.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
What’s the “huh” for?

AFB was involved in an isolated incident surrounding domestic violence, participated in extensive counselling afterwards and is still with the girl in question.

Matt lodge broke into a house while drunk and systemically tortured the owners for hours.

In comparison, What Matt lodge did was worse that what AFB did. Period.

Hmm. They're both deplorable acts. And him still being with the girl in question doesn't really mean much at all. Yeah if we're going to rank them, Lodge is worse but I don't see why that should absolve AFB from looking bad.

Leber

Bench
Hmm. They're both deplorable acts. And him still being with the girl in question doesn't really mean much at all. Yeah if we're going to rank them, Lodge is worse but I don't see why that should absolve AFB from looking bad.

Who was absolving them from looking bad? They are both terrible. But lodges is worse. If we were willing to sign somebody who did something that atrocious, it shouldn’t be that surprising that we would try to sign AFB.

That was my point.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Obviously we have been desperately short of props this year and even when we didn't have injury woes, we have lacked firepower in recent years.

However, with Paasi, Afoa and Ah Mau back next year plus Evans/BMM/AFB, it's as if we have 6 new frontline props. What the hell are we going to do with them all??

Funny thing is, Ah Mau was sort of our "big" signing last year and he's probably the first I'd let go.

Leber

Bench
Obviously we have been desperately short of props this year and even when we didn't have injury woes, we have lacked firepower in recent years.

However, with Paasi, Afoa and Ah Mau back next year plus Evans/BMM/AFB, it's as if we have 6 new frontline props. What the hell are we going to do with them all??

Funny thing is, Ah Mau was sort of our "big" signing last year and he's probably the first I'd let go.

I think BMM will play 13. Maybe. Well thats the position he has been playing in England at present. It might end up something like

8 AFB
10 Paasi

13 BMM

16 Evans
17 Afoa/Ah Mau

That would be fairly decent.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm a fan of Paasi, I feel like none of the 17s for 2021 I've been seeing around the traps have him in. Bit of a forgotten man. Would definitely be in my 17 to start.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also, when BMM left the NRL he was basically a reserve grader (first grade regular at Tigers, I believe didn't play a single game in his last year at the Panthers). Why is there now this confidence that he is going to be a solid first grader, let alone a star, based on Super League form?

Cold Roses

Juniors
One of the posters on the other forum has said Paasi has already been told he doesn’t feature in future plans and can look around. Apparently considering a Super League offer?

Latest posts