1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by SmashEmBro, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Meth

Meth Moderator Staff Member

no thanks

2. Grizzman

Grizzman Juniors

Ok, this is pure speculation but what about trying Turner as a hooker? I've only seen him play the one game but that was my first thought when I saw him ball in hand. As an old (super old) hooker myself, I thought he looked like he had the goods. He's pretty solidly built, he's got a handy pass, useful kicker and explosive speed and stepping ... all the things I was lacking.

3. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. We are always on the lookout for old hookers.

4. Big Marn

Big Marn Juniors

Preferably one that knows to play conservatively when your team is up 14-0....

5. TheDMC

TheDMC Bench

foof off mate

Philip_Smith007 likes this.
  6. Fufu Andronez

Fufu Andronez First Grade

I would take Egan, Lawton & tevaga at hooker before Levi. The Kata of hookers

TheDMC and JJ like this.
  7. Benek

Benek Juniors

AFB is now officially announced. I'm exicted to see our front row steamroll the compt next year.

8. Penrose_11

Penrose_11 Juniors

Just need Hetherington, a hooker and a playmaker and we’re all go. Benji to run the cutter at 6 and Kodi to 9 anyone?

9. Tongue

Tongue Juniors

Anyone got a handle on the cap they've likely spent now?

10. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear First Grade

Congrats guys, keep him on the park and you have a good one

My mail last week seems to be correct, he had this all sorted before he even approached Manly for a release. I wouldn’t mind Afoa coming back our way in return

On a side note, my same source said Foran is already signed, sealed and delivered for us next season

One Warrior, TheDMC and SmashEmBro like this.
  11. SmashEmBro

SmashEmBro Juniors

Appreciate the heads up man, when you mentioned the Instagram following/unfollowing I started to get excited..

How do u feel about Foran if true? If he stays on the field he's a great player

12. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with Foran.

13. Grizzman

Grizzman Juniors

Yeah, I love watching the guy play and really believe if he had stayed trouble/injury free, he would have been one of the greats.

14. Sanchez

Sanchez Coach

Connor Watson? He did play for Brown

15. Leber

Leber Juniors

Need Brandon Smith now.

16. JJ

JJ Referee

Unless we can get him (or better, but impossible, Grant) Egan is fine imo, he’ll get this pack on the front foot

17. Big Marn

Big Marn Juniors

Koroisau has been the missing link for Penrith. Still need an upgrade at hooker i think.

Philip_Smith007 likes this.
  18. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear First Grade

Is a really tough one, he burnt a lot of bridges at the club so I’m surprised they are even having a look, he tried to screw the club over big time when he left. Lucky for him Hasler is a huge fan and would hold some sway in getting him

If he signs at 300-400k then he is probably worth the gamble, proven combo with DCE and has been in great form when he can get on the park the last 18 months. Main concern would be how Schuster handles it, would hate to lose him because Foran was signed in front of him, some talk of playing Foran at 9 but I don’t think his body could handle it

Tom T, Foran, DCE, Fainu is probably the best spine in the comp, trouble is 2 battle to stay on the park and 1 is battling to stay out of jail

SmashEmBro likes this.
  19. JJ

JJ Referee

Yep, but the reality is there’s little about, I think... I’d be waiting on the Melbourne situation and throwing the house at the odd one out... there are a few elite ones about (Melbourne has 3, Penrith, Souths, Parramatta then a gap to the rest imo, might have missed someone ) but as the Roosters shoe with Friend you can go ok with someone who plays smart and tough

20. Blair

Blair First Grade

We're signing good forwards, but I also need to see some genuine pace in the backs, on the wings especially.

TheDMC likes this.