What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Leber

Bench
Lets offer reynolds a good deal for 3 years. either he will say yes, or (more likely) it will drive the price up for other clubs.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Lets offer reynolds a good deal for 3 years. either he will say yes, or (more likely) it will drive the price up for other clubs.

Yeah I agree, he’s the kind of guy we need, we have the money, it’s probably slightly longer than he should get but if that’s our one chance we need to take it.
He’s looking good against the Roosters atm too

Penrose_11

Juniors
But gutted we’re likely losing Turner though. These young guys come thru the system busting a nut to make 1st grade but are kept out by supposed senior pro’s who’re often cruising in 2nd gear at best. If he goes to Bronc’s, all the best to him and hope gets his chances and he absolutely carves it up

Rich102

Staff member
But gutted we’re likely losing Turner though. These young guys come thru the system busting a nut to make 1st grade but are kept out by supposed senior pro’s who’re often cruising in 2nd gear at best. If he goes to Bronc’s, all the best to him and hope gets his chances and he absolutely carves it up

Plus what encouragement does it offer to the young juniors we are trying to recruit? Often against offers from Australian clubs.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Are we def losing turner?

Tell them they can have Fusitu’a instead.
Yip, sounds like Turner would be gone if it wasn’t for Broncos mucking up. They agreed to take him in a straight swap, but because Turner is in our top 30 Broncos would have to pay him as such when he gets there, which they’re not willing to do as they think they’ll sign Billy Walters shortly instead

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yip, sounds like Turner would be gone if it wasn’t for Broncos mucking up. They agreed to take him in a straight swap, but because Turner is in our top 30 Broncos would have to pay him as such when he gets there, which they’re not willing to do as they think they’ll sign Billy Walters shortly instead
LOL are they stupid? Why would turner go from a top 30 contract down to development player contract... And how would you not have realized that detail in the contract when you let young Walsh say goodbye to his teammates.

Wtf has happened to the Broncos?

Tongue

Juniors
Walsh confirmed on the way early!

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2021/04/10/walsh-joins-vodafone-warriors/

Some good news after last night

No mention of a swap in there
This is all good. But isn’t he and out and out fullback? Getting him early was to learn from Tuivasa.
So while good signing/planning for future, it only mildly helps current predicament.

It seems to me we cleared the decks of Lawton, Keirghan, etc etc in the hope of getting either J Hughes or Smith, none of which has transpired.
Now we have left ourselves thin in 2 crucial spine positions.

Do we have a read on what the balance of the cap is? A 36 year old Marshall or a Reynolds should be considered in place of Niko and O’Sul.

waipiro

Juniors
This is all good. But isn’t he and out and out fullback? Getting him early was to learn from Tuivasa.
So while good signing/planning for future, it only mildly helps current predicament.

It seems to me we cleared the decks of Lawton, Keirghan, etc etc in the hope of getting either J Hughes or Smith, none of which has transpired.
Now we have left ourselves thin in 2 crucial spine positions.

Do we have a read on what the balance of the cap is? A 36 year old Marshall or a Reynolds should be considered in place of Niko and O’Sul.

Put him on the wing just like how Roger started at roosters and then Roger can mentor him all week at trainings

JJ

Immortal
Put him on the wing just like how Roger started at roosters and then Roger can mentor him all week at trainings
yep, and as Roger did at the Roosters, they can swap for periods in games - hope they do it, short sighted not to

waipiro

Juniors
yep, and as Roger did at the Roosters, they can swap for periods in games - hope they do it, short sighted not to

Yeah i hope so too...over the years we have lacked the courage to blood young guys early so hopefully Brown can change that this year.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Looks like old mate Townsend is off to join the Cowboys, which means they’ll be out of the race for Reynolds.
Broncos have sounded interested, but also with Dearden and Croft on their books for next year, and supposedly looking at Staggs as a 5/8, I wonder if our chances have gone up slightly...

Also with Tigers signing Jackson Hastings, there’s talks that might put Brooks on the outter. I don’t know how I feel about Brooks. Not an elite half, but certainly better than what we have at the moment.

Also there was talk of SJ struggling to get a contract too, so I guess there’s a little on offer with the musical chairs that is the NRL halves at the moment

Leber

Bench
No to SJ, no to brooks, yes to Reynolds. Still doubt he’d come. Maybe the sharks will be in the running for him now.

Also lol@cowboys. Townsend is running these days. Sharks fans will rejoice.

Latest posts