What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you?

carson

Juniors
I am also a member of the David Clan, due to the incredibly fashionable nature of my name have always gone under the moniker of my surname.

I am currently a CPA working in Perth, moved over 15 years ago from Ballina (go seagulls). Originally grew up on a farm in Tregeagle (try finding that on a map).

Grew up in a strictly St George family and chose the eels at age 5 just to piss off my brother (the early eighties really shut him up).

I usually make the trek over once a year around my birthday to watch an eels home game and lose all my money on the pokies (we don't have them in WA).

Also a believer that familiarity breeds contempt.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
great thread.. its good to put some context behind the regular posters here!
My name's Corey, 22 years of age, in my final year of a psychology/teaching degree which will lead me into school counselling... one day.
I know they talk of this "financial crisis" and the importance of full-time employment but I just wanna travel and go mad while my body can still take it.. this is why I'm planning a long, working holiday overseas after I graduate.
I consider myself a very passionate Eels supporter.. in fact my mates get embarrassed watching games with me at the local purely because I yell at the TV and get very anxious:lol:
Have loved the blue and gold for as long as I can remember.. its just a shame I'm a fair whack away from Parra stadium (& the city in general) otherwise I'd get to more games.
Looking forward to a great season.. I see important times ahead for our club, particular DA and our younger players, as they stand up and take the game of rugby league by the scruff of the neck. I'd love to witness a blue and gold resurgence over the next few seasons.. but I'll never hold my breath!

Hey you should consider coming to Asia first in countries where English is not a 1st language. They need English teachers and they pay quite well.

You could then build up your cash then head west to Europe. But you'd probably end up staying in Asia !! hahaha!

Asia would also probably be the first zone to pick up in terms of Economic activity and I guess it would be cheaper than Europe, States.

However, if you do come to Asia, always try to get a package with Accommodation paid for.

Cheers

Hellsy

Immortal
sheepdj3.jpg

One of the funniest road trips EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goey Man

Juniors
Hi All, I'm Matthew or Maxy to my mates. Born and bred in Cessnock (west of Newcastle NSW) hense the Avatar and forum name. I'm 32, single, and came to Canberra for two weeks work. That was 7 and a half years ago. I'm currently working for a small family run furniture shop where I have been for the last 5 years. I love pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. I couldn't give a stuff about yoga. I follow Parra the Liverpool FC, therefore, I have half a brain. I like the occasional punt on the nags, and I current play darts and lawns bowls (very athletic I know). I don't have any children of my own, but would like to someday. Played a bit of league at school at 5/8 & 1/2 so you can probally guess my stature. I'm into most music, expect rap and house, but mainly like the classics (Dire Straits and CCR to name a few). Hope to catch up with some of you at a game soon.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Hi my name is Chris I am 41 soon, and have followed Parra for 33 years, I have been married for 17 years and have a little boy who is 8 years old, I work in the disability field and have done for the past 15 years, I was a STH from 90 to 95, glutton for punishment :) and was friends with Danny Crnkovich in those years and played against each other a couple in a couple of knock out competitions.

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sh!t lucky i stayed home and watched the footy with a few home brews

LOL it was sh*t anyway, the irony though was i had one of those hotdogs they sell and needed to sh*t to sh*t straight after, i held it in however and just dropped my guts on the dancefloor a few times:lol: and as you do, blamed it on my mates:lol:

junior009

Juniors
I saw a thread titled "Who are you? and saw the last post was by Ron Jeremy......I knew it wouldn't be good but it as actually better than I expected.

lingard

Coach
LOL it was sh*t anyway, the irony though was i had one of those hotdogs they sell and needed to sh*t to sh*t straight after, i held it in however and just dropped my guts on the dancefloor a few times:lol: and as you do, blamed it on my mates:lol:

Thank you for sharing that.

jono

Juniors
My name is Jonathan
People call me Jonathan
I am a dinosaur of some 48 rains ,I live in and run a pharmacy in Newcastle which has been hell since 2001. I am CONSTANTLY reminded of the events of THAT night.
I grew up in Strathfield and have loved the eels since I wandered into the semifinal of 1975 v Berries and was taken by the emotional supporters and the absolute courage of the team in that two week period.
I have three sons , the youngest of whom I have managed to convert from the dark side, and who is my constant companion to Parra stadium as a STH.
My only wish is that you younger folk can experience the ABSOLUTE EUPHORIA that I and those of my vintage have had the privilege of experiencing four times.
AND SOON!!!!!!

big boppa eel

Juniors
My name is Jonathan
People call me Jonathan
I am a dinosaur of some 48 rains ,I live in and run a pharmacy in Newcastle which has been hell since 2001. I am CONSTANTLY reminded of the events of THAT night.
I grew up in Strathfield and have loved the eels since I wandered into the semifinal of 1975 v Berries and was taken by the emotional supporters and the absolute courage of the team in that two week period.
I have three sons , the youngest of whom I have managed to convert from the dark side, and who is my constant companion to Parra stadium as a STH.
My only wish is that you younger folk can experience the ABSOLUTE EUPHORIA that I and those of my vintage have had the privilege of experiencing four times.
AND SOON!!!!!!
Well said, Im almost 41 and I myself would love for Parra to win a comp some time soon so alot of these younger folk can experience the pride and euphoria as u have mentioned above.

junior009

Juniors
I don't get how many of you guyd have kids who support other sides. I have two kids 5 & 2. For better or worse they haven't been given a choice, just as it was with me.

My old man was a supporter from 47 being a Lidcombe boy. I have an older brother who is a Saints fan and a older sister who followed her husband and became a Tigers fan. I just don't f**king get it. There's a 13 year gap between me and my brother but the old man couldn't possibly have changed that much. My siblings are wierd and I'll never get it, nor will I ever fully accept them...lol.

I was born into a jersey and to this day am shattered my mother has accidentally thrown it out. My kids are the same and dont have a choice, but I will never make the mistake of throwing their first jersey out. Believe me, in 25-30 years time, I'll be glad I never did.

zuke

Juniors
My name is Peter and I am a 37 year old doctor working in pharmaceuticals. Supported the mighty eels since 1981 and favourite player is and always will be sterlo. Have 2 kids and a mrs. I converted them all into eels fans. Go Parra.

jono

Juniors
I don't get how many of you guyd have kids who support other sides. I have two kids 5 & 2. For better or worse they haven't been given a choice, just as it was with me.

My old man was a supporter from 47 being a Lidcombe boy. I have an older brother who is a Saints fan and a older sister who followed her husband and became a Tigers fan. I just don't f**king get it. There's a 13 year gap between me and my brother but the old man couldn't possibly have changed that much. My siblings are wierd and I'll never get it, nor will I ever fully accept them...lol.

I was born into a jersey and to this day am shattered my mother has accidentally thrown it out. My kids are the same and dont have a choice, but I will never make the mistake of throwing their first jersey out. Believe me, in 25-30 years time, I'll be glad I never did.
Mate , when the 5 and 2 year olds become 18 and 12 year-olds , you'll be lucky to even TALK to them much less enjoy a good Parra win with them.
GEN Z is definitely GEN "you owe me"

Latest posts