What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are your top 5 favourite Warriors players of all time?

captainwarrior

Juniors
Hey all! I'm new on here and a massive Warriors supporter as I imagine most of you are too. So to get to know all you a bit better I was wondering, who are you top 5 favourite Warriors players of all time?
I'll start off with mine: :)

1. Sione Faumuina
2. Francis Meli
3. Ali Lauti'iti
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Stacey Jones

Scorpio30

Bench
*In first with idiotic selection*

1. Ben Lythe
2. Scott Coxon
3. Matt Spence
4. Mike Dorreen
5. David Mulhall

playdaball

Bench
*In first with idiotic selection*

1. Ben Lythe
2. Scott Coxon
3. Matt Spence
4. Mike Dorreen
5. David Mulhall

Beat me to it.

What is your top 5, top 5 posts relating to who is your top 5 players of all time ... Happens about every 5 months - usually started by roster.

Wow I've read the above sentence a few times (at least5) and I'm confused.

ozbash

Referee
Stace
Henry Fa'afili
Ali Lauti'iti
Hitro
George Gatis

Hey all! I'm new on here and a massive Warriors supporter as I imagine most of you are too.

welcome aboard mate.

Damarky

Juniors
Yeah I know you asked for 5 fav Warriors players, but I prefer to give you my all time starting 13.

1. Brent Webb
2. Sean Hoppe
3. Richie Blackmore
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Stacey Jones
8. steve Price (C)
9. PJ Marsh
10.Ben Matulino
11.Ali Lauititi
12.Feleti Mateo
13.Kevin Campion

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Off topic, but seeing as he's getting a mention in here... anyone see how trim Vatuvei's looking for the fight for life? Wonder if he'll bulk up again for next season? Though obviously being lighter would do nothing to prevent the fumbles, it would still be interesting to see whether being slimmed down would add or take away from his game.

Jeu_de_Treize

Juniors
Off topic, but seeing as he's getting a mention in here... anyone see how trim Vatuvei's looking for the fight for life? Wonder if he'll bulk up again for next season? Though obviously being lighter would do nothing to prevent the fumbles, it would still be interesting to see whether being slimmed down would add or take away from his game.

Being slimmer could help the fumbling issues if fatigue is playing a roll in it. Time will tell.

Iafeta

Referee
In an interview on radiosport, it was interesting to hear Manu be fairly honest admitting he and the team struggled with conditioning at the end of games in 2012, and that his speed was done. He said dropping some kegs will help him get his speed back, seemed fairly confident about it. Few better sights than seeing the Beast in the open.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
In an interview on radiosport, it was interesting to hear Manu be fairly honest admitting he and the team struggled with conditioning at the end of games in 2012, and that his speed was done. He said dropping some kegs will help him get his speed back, seemed fairly confident about it. Few better sights than seeing the Beast in the open.

Totally agree re beast in open space. Hope Elliott brings in a lot more set plays to get manu in space or one on one, as well as a few last tackle cross kicks. Hopefully it sees him return towards the top of the try scoring charts back in for NZ at the cup. All starts with a KO this weekend!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Down to 106kg apparently- career listed weight has been between 109kg-112kg and you'd imagine he's been heavier a lot of the time. My question is- at what point does The Beast stop being The Beast? 106kg isn't huge in the modern game, and if Manu isn't huge, what does he have?