What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who can we rule out for good?

Rammo

Juniors
I think the only teams currently outside the 8 that could sneak in are Canberra and the Dogs, the rest of the sides are gone for 2005, what do you guys think?

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree, though I don't think Canberra can make it unless they start a huge form turnaround soon. Otherwise 9 will become 8.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Raiders are gone, Bulldogs have a slight chance (but no El Masri = no hope) but I think the 8 has been decided, just what position they finish in is all that will change

Hurriflatch

Referee
Considering Storm have 24 pts and a +160

and Canberra have 22 pts but -69 I'd say Canberra are basically gone aswell

The Warriors with 20 pts +9 and a bye in hand are in a better position then Canberra.

aussies1st

Staff member
Raiders will need a miracle to make the finals. Bulldogs are in the same position but they only have to win their 4 games. The raiders need big scores in their last 4

scottyeel

Bench
Canberra are gone if Smith and Adamson miss any games. If Bulldogs lose next week they will have very little hope either.

A_J_Gray

Juniors
Roosters and Warriors Could win all their games (which they wont) and still miss out I feel.
Raiders are in trouble, Dogs will need to win 3\4 I believe. 29 would get you in.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Canberra are at very long odds
need to win every game from here in and at least 1 by a decent margin

Dogs are just about done and dusted aswell
Roosters and Warriors = GOOOOOOOOOORN

BuffaloRules

Coach
You must admit that its not looking good for the Dogs...

They will have to win at least 3 of the last 4, and when you consider they have been beaten pretty handily by two of the lowest teams in the comp over the last 2 weeks...

Geez...the Roosters will be fired up to beat them in the last round if it comes down to that...

I'm not saying they can't do it, but I don't think I'd be putting any money on them either to make the 8...

Rammo

Juniors
that's true, but more than any club ours thrives on adversity, so you cannot rule us out just yet, I must admit it is looking rather grim though.

melon....

Coach
Rammo said:
that's true, but more than any club ours thrives on adversity, so you cannot rule us out just yet, I must admit it is looking rather grim though.
Cut the siege mentality bullsh*t....yous are gorn.

innsaneink

Referee
Amazing to think at round 22 a Roosters/Panthers game had virtually no interest and no bearing on the finals, when last year they finshed 1st & 4th in minor prem.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Here are the run home for teams placed 6-10

EAGLES 26pts (-24pd)

Knights (Away)
Sharks (Away)
Warriors (home)
Raiders (Away)

SHARKS 26pts (-36pd)

Roosters (Away)
Eagles (home)
Knights (Away)
Rabbitohs (Home)

STORM 24pts (160 pd)

Warriors (home)
Bye
Tigers (home)
Cowboys (Away)

BULLDOGS 23pts (-52 pd)

Eels (Away)
Tigers (Away)
Panthers (Home)
Roosters (Away)

Raiders 22pts (-69pd)

Rabbitohs (Home)
Cowboys (Away)
Eels (Away)
Sea Eagles (Home)

I just can't see either of the Dogs/Raiders breaking the 8. They would have to win every game. The Dogs MAY be able to drop 1, but the Raiders can't!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Pretty well summed up, although i dont like our chances im clinging to the small ray of hope that might see us jag a spot