What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who can we rule out for good?

Thierry Henry said:
The Warriors are sh*t atm and surely won't make it, but I think it's only fair to point out that if we win 3 from 3 we will probably make the 8, and we have 3 pretty beatable teams left to play.

Not blowing the knights horn but we have beat Parra, Storm and Dogs in consecutive weeks, and the seaeagles may be running into form again.

aussies1st

Staff member
Warriors need a miracle. I wouldn't want to be playing those Knights and Manly will be playing for their season when they play against the Warriors and they are at home. That should well and truely end the hopes of the Warriors.

innsaneink

Referee
wolverine said:
I'm not sure how other people feel but this season of NRL has been one to remember, the closeness of teams in terms of the ladder has been nothing short of amazing. I'm pretty sure every week will make a profound difference to how the final 8 looks.

Its a cliche if ever there was one, and personally I hate them too, but this season must be the best on record, regarding the closeness of the comp etc.
I know Roosters, Panthers raiders and Dogs fans may disagree.

It looks like we have 50% of the top eight different to last year.

Personally as a Wests fan, this has been the best season since '96..

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
Canberra are at very long odds
need to win every game from here in and at least 1 by a decent margin

Roosters and Warriors = GOOOOOOOOOORN

Warriors are no worse off than the Raiders really, they're 2 points back but they have a bye in hand and their f/a is far superior. If both teams win 3 of their remaining games the Warrios would finish higher.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
aussies1st said:
Warriors need a miracle. I wouldn't want to be playing those Knights and Manly will be playing for their season when they play against the Warriors and they are at home. That should well and truely end the hopes of the Warriors.
The Knights game is Stacey Jones' last game at Ericcson so the Knights will be up against a very fired up side that week. Same goes for Manly, it will either be a must-win game to make the eight, or Jones last ever game in the NRL so either way the Warriors will put in a big performance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ink, Hodgson is only top pointscorer because El Masri is injured, so it's a pretty much Clayton's claim.

In terms of outed teams... 1-10 are in the race. Warriors down are gorrrn.

Raider_69

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Warriors are no worse off than the Raiders really, they're 2 points back but they have a bye in hand and their f/a is far superior. If both teams win 3 of their remaining games the Warrios would finish higher.

its my opinion that you will need 30 to make it
the most the warriors can accumulate is 28 which i dont think will be good enough, thats what i base it from :)
Which means effectively canberra cant drop a game from here on in... :(

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
If the raiders can win there run home and the eagles lose say twice (once to the raiders) then the raiders would be in the 8..

I know im clinging on some mircale to occour but hey..i really really dont want to wait till next april to watch my raiders in action again.

aussies1st

Staff member
With Manly being our last game it does mean they will know if they can make the 8 via overtaking Manly or some other side.

Rammo

Juniors
croydon Dog food said:
Hodgo would of run him down by now anyway.

That's bull, put bias aside, El Masri would be ahead of Hodgson, I will acknowledge Hodgson as a great player and great kicker but he would not have beaten El Masri for the top pointscorers tag.

MrSharky

Juniors
Knights, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Roosters, Warriors, Raiders :arrow: Back in the pavilion

Dogs hanging by a thread...

:cool:

Rammo said:
That's bull, put bias aside, El Masri would be ahead of Hodgson, I will acknowledge Hodgson as a great player and great kicker but he would not have beaten El Masri for the top pointscorers tag.

What a load of bollocks.

Your team scored 13 on the weekend, Hodgo scored 14 on his own.

The weekend before, Hodgo scored 18.

From memory, he was 10 behind El Masri before that.

By your thinking you scored a "Clayton's Premiership" in 2004 because Andrew Johns was injured for most of the season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
What a load of bollocks.

Your team scored 13 on the weekend, Hodgo scored 14 on his own.

The weekend before, Hodgo scored 18.

From memory, he was 10 behind El Masri before that.

By your thinking you scored a "Clayton's Premiership" in 2004 because Andrew Johns was injured for most of the season.

And El Masri played in neither weekend - so how can you make that assumption? He was already in front and quite possibly could have steered the club to victory.

Interestingly, Sherwin is yet to miss a shot since he took over the duties two weeks ago. Anasta's currently 1/1 as well...

And I'm going to ignore your Claytons premiership bullsh*t, because, for a start, we're talking about pointscoring, not premierships :roll:

Dodger said:
And El Masri played in neither weekend - so how can you make that assumption?

You mean an assumption like assuming that El Masri was across the line for pointscoring if he'd been fit?

Dodger said:
He was already in front and quite possibly could have steered the club to victory.

Possibly...... lol

And my arsehole could have been my earhole if I'd been born upside down.

Dodger said:
Interestingly, Sherwin is yet to miss a shot since he took over the duties two weeks ago. Anasta's currently 1/1 as well...

So, between then how may goals did they kick over the two weeks?

8? 9?

That makes 16 or 18 points.

Now you're assuming that El Masri would have scored tries to be in front of Hodgo, which he would have had to do to be in front of Hodgo now.

Neat trick.

Dodger said:
And I'm going to ignore your Claytons premiership bullsh*t, because, for a start, we're talking about pointscoring, not premierships :roll:

It's ok to not understand why I said it. Just try to not be so open about it next time.

Latest posts