What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who can we rule out for good?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Roosters are gone for sure.

Bulldogs are treading the line.

With Smith and Adamson appearing to be out for a while I can't see Canberra making the eight either.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
We're gone for 2005 even though we're a better team than we were last season. Too much bad luck with injuries. I'm starting to regret the loss of Mclinden, i think he would have been on fire this season with smith beside him. Withers has been solid but Mclinden could create opportunities out of nothing.

Esoj

Juniors
I don't think the dogs are gone just yet. they are one point off the storm and if they win and storm lose dogs will be in the eight. raiders aren't gone either just 2 points outside of the eight they still have a chance. both the dogs and raiders need to win next week for starters and the storm losing would be hany as well. everyone one after the raiders is gone for sure.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Smith and Adamson both out for the rest of the season

Raiders 2005 = Hooroo
Dogs are now the only one outside the 8 i can see jagging a spot

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Finally, now it is mathematically impossible for the Eels to miss the 8, the doubter have shut up about them missing the 8.

wolverine

Juniors
I agree with the Colonel top 8 looks like it will stay how it is but positions inside it will change

Iafeta

Referee
Bulldogs have a smidgen of hope.

The others might as well blood new players in readiness for 2006. Deadset, all those teams have got nothing when you consider how desperate they would had to have been, yet the ordinary performances they've put in.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The Warriors are sh*t atm and surely won't make it, but I think it's only fair to point out that if we win 3 from 3 we will probably make the 8, and we have 3 pretty beatable teams left to play.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Esoj said:
I don't think the dogs are gone just yet. they are one point off the storm and if they win and storm lose dogs will be in the eight. raiders aren't gone either just 2 points outside of the eight they still have a chance. both the dogs and raiders need to win next week for starters and the storm losing would be hany as well. everyone one after the raiders is gone for sure.

Remember, the Storm have a BYE to come and a much much better for and against than any of the other sides battling it out for positions 6-8.

We used to have a +250 F/A, now it's +160 :(

With Sherwin apparently out for the season, I doubt Dogs can make the 8 unless Storm lose two more games. Then again Storm are big chance to lose against Tigers and Cowboys.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
And the unpredictable Warriors....good one match, crap another and so fourth...anyone who would take the warriors are certain wins are kidding themselves!

bartman

Immortal
Another Bulldogs loss this week and they're gone. Same for Raiders. But on form you wouldn't tip them in.

Warriors and Roosters might end up one win short I reckon. The order of the eight could still be anything though, battle for the top four (home semis) is on!

Esoj

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
Remember, the Storm have a BYE to come and a much much better for and against than any of the other sides battling it out for positions 6-8.

that is true and I was thinking about that after I wrote the post. Melbourne has the advantage with the bye. the dogs and raiders would need to win most if not all of their games to finish in front of the storm. i did a quick calculation and even with the storm losing this week to the warriors the dogs would have to win all of their game to finish one point ahead of the storm. The storm have to lose more than 1 game while the dogs and radiers have to win all of thiers

wolverine

Juniors
I'm not sure how other people feel but this season of NRL has been one to remember, the closeness of teams in terms of the ladder has been nothing short of amazing. I'm pretty sure every week will make a profound difference to how the final 8 looks.

Daize said:
Finally, now it is mathematically impossible for the Eels to miss the 8, the doubter have shut up about them missing the 8.

You dickhead no one doubted the Eels would not make the 8...... - Look at your team!

Gee's you'd think that the eels had copped a hiding all year with that comment.

LOL, though with Brian Smiths record in GF's even if you get there its only going to be a chokefest.

And yes feel free to bookmark this msg.