What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

dubopov

Coach
LOL at the Manly lineups - two of them that don't include Fulton.

Here's the winner:

Thornett
Kenny
Sterling
Edge

The Raiders and Broncos mentioned would fight out the reserve grade spots.

And the Bears half would obviously be Thompson, not Taylor.

.. Mate, you must have missed the Dragons line-up I posted .. they are the undisputed Champions .. AND they did all play in the same team.

1. Graeme Langlands
6. Poppa Clay
7. Billy Smith
12. Ian Walsh

An Immortal, 3 Aust & NSW Captains, 82 Tests, 83 Interstate games and 21 Grand Final wins between them. Add to that, Clay and Smith were two of the toughest players of all time.

ozjet1

personally, i dont think both halves dont need to be guns. having one who is standout playmaker is sufficient.

what's more important in the modern age is having at least a couple of gun forwards who can get the team going forward and the opposition on the back foot. this will then allow a #9 to make big yards around the ruck, and a #6 or 7 to organise the backline plays. a solid #1 is a major benefit for under the high ball and returing kicks in broken play.

Loudstrat

Coach
.. Mate, you must have missed the Dragons line-up I posted .. they are the undisputed Champions .. AND they did all play in the same team.

1. Graeme Langlands
6. Poppa Clay
7. Billy Smith
12. Ian Walsh

An Immortal, 3 Aust & NSW Captains, 82 Tests, 83 Interstate games and 21 Grand Final wins between them. Add to that, Clay and Smith were two of the toughest players of all time.

Limited tackle crap. Thornett beat Langlands to the test fullback spot in the 63 roo tour. Kenny was a golden boot winner, Sterlo Rothmans medals and Churchill medal, Edge won 5 comps.....

Yeah ok. you win. Just ;-)

Biscuits

Juniors
LOL at the Manly lineups - two of them that don't include Fulton.

Here's the winner:

Thornett
Kenny
Sterling
Edge

The Raiders and Broncos mentioned would fight out the reserve grade spots.

And the Bears half would obviously be Thompson, not Taylor.

those manly line-ups arent club best selections. They are units that played together and won a premiership.
aclub best
eadie
fulton
toovey
Jones

Loudstrat

Coach
So you wouldn't have the 1976 spine of
Eadie
Fulton
Stevens
Krilich?

All internationals, 2 roo skippers, one immortal?

1. Barnes
6. Devery
7. Halloway
9. Elias

granted nobody would have seen Devery or Halloway play, Devery won 3 premierships and Halloway 7 (plus he's in the hall of fame), so both must have been bloody good players. Throw in Hall Of Famer Keith Barnes and a bloke who moderised the hooking role in Ben Elias and you've got yourself a great spine.

Loudstrat

Coach
1. Barnes
6. Devery
7. Halloway
9. Elias

granted nobody would have seen Devery or Halloway play, Devery won 3 premierships and Halloway 7 (plus he's in the hall of fame), so both must have been bloody good players. Throw in Hall Of Famer Keith Barnes and a bloke who moderised the hooking role in Ben Elias and you've got yourself a great spine.

I'd bet Souths wouldn't come up with a better one.

swap richard swain for mccormack

Well then it would be completely Melbourne, now that I think about it.

They could go:

1. Slater
6. Inglis/Hill
7. Cronk/Kimmorley
9. Smith

A good one, but no match for the classic ones.

South Sydney...the 1 would be Churchill...the others...not sure.

Latest posts