What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the better forward pack?

Who has the better forward pack?

• Total voters

Timbo

Staff member
As a Raiders fan, I'm fairly convinced we have the best forward pack in the competition for this year.

However, Souths fans seem to think their bunch of lazy buggers who hang out in the centres all day are better.

Who does everyone else here feel has the better pack, who do you want to play against less this season?

Raiders:

-Shillington
-Learoyd-Lahrs
-White
-Tilse
-Harrison
-Fensom
-Tongue
-Picker

Souths:

-Asotasi
-Taylor
-Burgess
-Crocker
-Ross
-Geddes
-Pettybourne

Last edited:
Sharks?

- Snowden
- Morris
- Douglas
- Tupou
- Smith
- Gallen
- Mannah
- Wright
- Cordoba
- Aiton
- Vave

Special K

Coach
Dogs have a good pack also...

And personally I wouldn't swap Snowie, Dougie, Smith and Gall for any other pack.

ByRd

First Grade
Sharks starting pack is very strong, good looking line up.

And to answer the question, i would take the Raiders pack.

jc155776

Coach
Raiders pack for me over Soufs.

All Sharks lack is a little speed in the pack.

Canberra have size, speed and muscle.

Needs less Tongue though.

God-King Dean

Immortal
dave_taylor_ani_s3.gif

Penance

Juniors
Souths, an unbiased answer. Dave Taylor and Burgess steam rolled the raiders at canberra when the raiders were winning 24-6 lmao

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id say that the Canberra pack work as a better unit. Individually, Souths are brilliant but the pack can easily be broken. Canberra on the other hand are a tough nut to crack.

adamkungl

Immortal
Canberra, Cronulla, Easts, Parra, Nth QLD, Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, St George, NZ, Penrith, Canterbury, Wests, Titans, Newcastle, Perth, CCBears, PNG, Newtown, Greystanes Devils are just a few teams with forward packs better than souffs

BunniesMan

Immortal
Canberra, Cronulla, Easts, Parra, Nth QLD, Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, St George, NZ, Penrith, Canterbury, Wests, Titans, Newcastle, Perth, CCBears, PNG, Newtown, Greystanes Devils are just a few teams with forward packs better than souffs
Troll post is troll. Just 30 days to go mate. 30 days...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL @ Souths forward pack

Asotasi has been useless ever since he left the Dogs
Ross is useless
Taylor runs out wide like a little girl
Crocker is 600 years old
LOL Geddes

no name

Coach
I wonder if BM realised the obvious choice was put first like the Royal Wedding poll.........

Ram Man

Juniors
Souths:

-Asotasi - Has shown nothing in 3 yrs at souffs
-Taylor - Sits in the centres and runs at half backs, not feared in the forwards
-Burgess - Only real threat in souffs pack
-Crocker - always injured, penalties galour, older than the hills
-Ross - Has 1 game in 3 yrs, will be lucky to stay in FG
-Geddes - haha are you serious
-Pettybourne - Runs hard, tackles hard, hands like feet, somewhat injury prone

Canberra by a mile in the poll.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Take Burgess out of Souths pack and they're pretty average. Raiders have a better rounded pack and they cost a bucketload less. Souths pack has too many over-paid, ageing forwards.

A better poll would "which Souffs forwards would you want on your team" with multiple voting options and I can't see too many votes outside of Burgess.