What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who here can actually vote for the football club elections

bartman

Immortal
To be honest I don't expect them too... From the descriptions of previous AGMs and my beliefs about the tracking of membership records etc, I think that handling proxies properly (while not rocket science) might be a step too far for a club at the moment. Especially if no-one can remember them ever being offered before?

Suitman

Post Whore
To be honest I don't expect them too... From the descriptions of previous AGMs and my beliefs about the tracking of membership records etc, I think that handling proxies properly (while not rocket science) might be a step too far for a club at the moment. Especially if no-one can remember them ever being offered before?

So, people like Twizzle are refused the option to vote, unless they spend $1000 and fly to Sydney. What a joke.
He has lost his right to vote, unless he forks out of his own pocket.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
So, people like Twizzle are refused the option to vote, unless they spend $1000 and fly to Sydney. What a joke.
He has lost his right to vote, unless he forks out of his own pocket.

Suity
I agree, I'm not saying it's right at all.

I'm just saying that my expectations based on my opinions of the level of governance we have seen are that the whole proxy thing might be too difficult the way the football club is run at the moment? If there had been an example where they have dealt with proxies before I'd have every confidence they would again. But I'm not sure they have ever thought that far ahead as proxies come down to promoting and supporting a broad membership...

Hopefully this will change moving forward, if it's not announced as part of the deal this evening. Twiz and Parra Pete's money and membership should have equal weight to those close enough to walk to the club to attend.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree, I'm not saying it's right at all.

I'm just saying that my expectations based on my opinions of the level of governance we have seen are that the whole proxy thing might be too difficult the way the football club is run at the moment? If there had been an example where they have dealt with proxies before I'd have every confidence they would again. But I'm not sure they have ever thought that far ahead as proxies come down to promoting and supporting a broad membership...

Hopefully this will change moving forward, if it's not announced as part of the deal this evening. Twiz and Parra Pete's money and membership should have equal weight to those close enough to walk to the club to attend.

It's hardly difficult Bart to send out a voting form with the list of candidates to EVERY voting member, with the due date of return before the meeting. As you said somewhere else, it ain't rocket science.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I know. And I'll happily be proved wrong if our footy club is on top of it and is able to offer proxies. I'd hope that proxies are on offer for eligible voting members just as a matter of course.

Just with the way they seem to have reacted to the push to increase membership over the past three years, I'm not sure looking after or fostering a broad membership base has really hit their radar inside the office?

The glossy annual report is top quality and well done to them for getting that together annually. But having an active membership and pulling out the stops to involve them in governance and reap the benefits of their participation is a whole different kettle of fish to laying-up a publication.

junior009

Juniors
It would be appalling if they didn't.

Suity

I agree. I'm only taking the word of my old man, who has been a voting member for close on 40 years. He may be wrong....I certainly hope he is. If he's right, I'm not at all suprised.

Hellsy

Immortal
Dad said to me that he had never known proxy's to come out as well... but I was waiting for something more concrete.
Thats 2 for the Dad's though :lol: :lol: