What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/isn't finals bound.

perverse

Referee
Perverse & all other newcastle fans,

I am more than happy to eat humble pie, if you win next week and make the 8. Believe me, no-one wants the knights to beat Brisbane more than we do. Bets of luck.

Congrats on a brilliant effort, the boys who played on fri night should be congratulated on a top shelf display.
:clap:

mate, i certainly didn't expect to beat melbourne. i knew we were a chance, but it really was a season defining performance from the boys. i hope we make the finals, but realistically it's irrelevant if we do or not now. we've proven we're a team on the rise and earned the respect of our peers. to do that without buderus and with so many young up-and-comers really showed what a team we can be in the future.

beating brisbane in brisbane is pretty much an equally imposing mountain for us to climb this week. they will be fired up massively for the game (and generally always are for the knights at suncorp).. however if we can go out there and stick it to them like we did melbourne.. then who knows.

good form on putting your hand up. most people don't. rugby league is the winner this week, there are some cracking games coming up this weekend!

grandorient

Bench
I definitely agree with Johnsy,

Congrats to the Knights on a magnificient performance, well done.

Yes, the Knights next year will be a formidable team and one to be feared. Although this year isn't over for you guys, I guess it's going to be tough from here on in. All the best of luck.

I have the greatest respect for Brian Smith and if anyone can give the comp a shake, he can. He has the team behind him, and thats what counts.

GO

otori

Juniors
The Broncos haven't been very convincing against either the Titans or the Bulldogs and will be worse off for the soft wins. The Bulldogs were doing well until they got their momentum snapped because they have nuff all guts. The Broncos at Suncorp are far from invincible atm.

Monk

Referee
imo, worry sign for the competition is broncos and roosters. they have got where they are by doing bugger all, all season.

if they get their head in the right place who knows what will happen.

_Johnsy

Referee
imo, worry sign for the competition is broncos and roosters. they have got where they are by doing bugger all, all season.

if they get their head in the right place who knows what will happen.

why a worry sign, broncs have been flat, so have the roosters. The side who can put it together for 4 weeks will give melbourne a good shake.

_Johnsy

Referee
well we can put this one to bed, the teams who are finals bound are;

Manly
Melbourne
Cronulla
Roosters
Brisbane
Canberra
Dragons
Warriors

Rovelli

Bench
Warriors 16 points, need 6 wins from 9 games – in danger
Cowboys, BULLDOGS, Storm, SOUTHS, Broncos, Sharks, DRAGONS, Panthers, EELS

We won seven and still had to rely on other results to get there.

It's been a nice ending to see us here!

_Johnsy

Referee
Rovelli

I find it unusual people are saying the Newcastle deserve to be in the 8 over NZ, how so Nz won enough games to qualify Newcastle didn't. Deserve to be there my ass.

Rovelli

Bench
We were also:
2-0 against Newcastle in the season, winning just six days after being smashed by Manly, and then, after being smashed by the then red-hot Roosters, beating them at EAS.

That said, I love Newcastle. They could suck, but will still make you work for the win. That's all you can ask of a team.

Latest posts