What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best Pom in the NRL today?

Who is the best Pom in the NRL today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Where is the option for Lee Mossop?

Mossop made his début for the Parramatta Eels on 6 June 2014 against the North Queensland Cowboys. After the match Mossop stated that "The Aussies like to rate the NRL competition as the best in the world and they’re probably not wrong,” “It’s a lot faster but a lot of people expect it to be harder but I think Super League is a more physical competition.”

On 8 July 2014, after a match against the Melbourne Storm, it was revealed that Mossop would be out for the season after sustaining an injury to his left shoulder.

Rofl.

Lambretta

First Grade
3. Sam Burgess
2. Josh Hodgson
1. James Graham / Gareth Widdop

Although Gareth Widdop only garnered half of one vote, the fact he comes from Halifax means he started with a handicap that would prevent any normal person from being vaguely good at anything

I mean, Ed Sheeran is the only other person I have heard of who comes from Halifax and he is pretty f**king crap if you ask me. Nice lad. Just a bit erm Halifax.

See list of Halifax illuminati here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_from_Halifax,_West_Yorkshire

(Gareth actually doesn't make the list, so he isn't technically famous I guess - naughty naught Wikipedia)

Sam Burgess seems to be the preferred choice of a plurality. But Josh Hodgson and Gareth Widdop are highly rated by many as well.

Pity Widdop is going to be unfit to play for England against New Zealand in the British autumn.

Elliott Whitehead.

Better than cordner, Crichton and Radley

Elliot Whitehead is good, but won't be better than Radley come finals time in 2019. Radley is a young gun, just promoted from the Clovelly Crocodiles. He will come on in leaps and bounds in 2019.

nick87

Coach
It’s Hodgson or Widdop
Those guys are playing the spine positions and are the most important players for their respective teams

That said, Jordan Turner gets my vote

Charlie124

First Grade
Theres a handful of worthy mentions but really, anyone not voting Ham Burgers is kidding themselves.

Three more Poms coming in 2019 --- forwards John Bateman (Wigan to Canberra) and Ryan Sutton (Wigan to Canberra) and winger Ryan Hall (Leeds to Sydney Roosters) -- making a total of ten Poms in the NRL. That will make the poll more interesting next year. But I predict that it will still be between Sam Burgess, Gareth WIddop and Josh Hodgson as the top three.

Sphagnum

Coach
Three more Poms coming in 2019 --- forwards John Bateman (Wigan to Canberra) and Ryan Sutton (Wigan to Canberra) and winger Ryan Hall (Leeds to Sydney Roosters) -- making a total of ten Poms in the NRL. That will make the poll more interesting next year. But I predict that it will still be between Sam Burgess, Gareth WIddop and Josh Hodgson as the top three.
Nothing is ever going to make this poll more interesting.

Latest posts