What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the better player, Slater or Inglis?

Who is the better player, Slater or Inglis?

• Slater

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Inglis

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Both equal

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

DC_fan

Coach
I keep on hearing or reading so called experts say that Inglis is the #1 player in the game. In my opinion he is not. I believe it is Billy Slater.

If Inglis played to his full potential for 80 minutes a game then may be I could see him being the games #1 player. For me he has never played to his full potential. He has many a quiet game and has many a times during a game when he is not sighted.

Billy Slater involves himself in every game and for the full 80 minutes. Yes he may make the odd error, but thats because he is involving himself in the game. Be it for Melbourne, Qld or Australia he has much more control over the game then Inglis does. Both in attack and defense.

So who do you think is the better player?

DeeJ

Bench
Inglis by far. He is far more athletic, skilled and talented. Just imagine Inglis at fullback where he could be involved more.

Johns Magic

Referee
Inglis is the ultimate freak, Slater is the ultimate competitor.

Hard question to answer, but if Inglis had Slater's attitude he would be a superhuman.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Slater is very quick, puts in whole-heartedly, but is prone to error.
Inglis is quicker, and seems to be unbeatable when the need arises.

But there are very good arguments that he's not even the best fullback in the game. He can go missing when the heat is turned up defensively.

Look at last nights game - Slater was rubbish behind a badly beaten pack, but Inglis shone like a star.

Be interesting to see what sort of player Slater is when he has $2million less in talent around him...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I'd go Slater, in terms of football nous, skill, positioning etc... the things that go unnoticed, Slater has it over Inglis - Inglis is by far the better athlete.

stormbati

Bench
Yep if Inglis had Slaters attitude he would be out of this world.
Some of Inglis runs are amazing, fending blokes on the run without looking at them, he's the most talented athlete in Australia.
But Billy is the type of player every coach loves. IMO Billy is better by far, but no doubt who is more talented.

stormbati

Bench
Slater is very quick, puts in whole-heartedly, but is prone to error.
Inglis is quicker, and seems to be unbeatable when the need arises.

But there are very good arguments that he's not even the best fullback in the game. He can go missing when the heat is turned up defensively.

Look at last nights game - Slater was rubbish behind a badly beaten pack, but Inglis shone like a star.

Be interesting to see what sort of player Slater is when he has $2million less in talent around him...

Not wrong but Billy was doing special things from day one of his career. I don't know who you would argue is a better fullback than Billy ATM.

Doomednow

Bench
I'd say Slater is the better player all round. Inglis excels over him at certain things, such as momentum, breaking through people, but overall Slater wins. Inglis is significantly less of a dirtbag though... not hard considering who I'm comparing him to.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not wrong but Billy was doing special things from day one of his career. I don't know who you would argue is a better fullback than Billy ATM.

You could quite easily argue for Hayne and Boyd being a better fullback at the moment.

You could present a case for Dugan

You could put the name Coote forward.

I'm talking about club form here - Slater hasn't been really sharp this year and if you think he has then let me suggest OPSM?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I could only afford one I'd have Slater every time. He is the type of player that makes fans want to go to the game.

Butters

Bench
It's not really fair to compare them. Inglis plays centre which forces him to stick to one side of the field whereas Slater plays fullback and has pretty much every backline move revolve around him.

Eelogical

Referee
Depends on which player has a boat licence....oh wait, Inglis is the better of the 2, and as a bonus is an AFL candidate as well.

mongoose

Coach
Inglis a better athlete but slater is more valuable to the storm.

Slater is the most effective attacking fullback I have ever seen.

Noa

First Grade
It's not really fair to compare them. Inglis plays centre which forces him to stick to one side of the field whereas Slater plays fullback and has pretty much every backline move revolve around him.

Spot on, the storm revolves around bill to a large extent, give greg the ball 30x a game and see what he can do. Also billy wasnt in the same league as a 23year old. You only need to watch rep footy to see who the man is, even greats like jt and locky know who comes first

Noa

First Grade
Inglis a better athlete but slater is more valuable to the storm.

Slater is the most effective attacking fullback I have ever seen.

Essentailly billy is the first of his kind at fb, even locky didnt get involved as much, there will be better to come along shortly now the template has been set