What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the better player, Slater or Inglis?

Who is the better player, Slater or Inglis?

• Slater

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Inglis

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Both equal

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

hellteam

First Grade
Inglis is better, but Slater tries way harder. I'd rather Slater in my club team - he'd put more effort in, more consistent - but Inglis any day for a rep or finals game.

GB!

Juniors
inglis by far IMO
slater too error prone, but would have either at manly in a heart beat!

oldmancraigy

Coach
No player will ever match Slaters 2008 season performance.

Serious or joking?

Hayne's 2009 was better (just comparing a player who played in a comparable position).

Slater 2008 had a freakish 23 linebreaks
Hayne 2009 had 32.

Slater 2008 had an amazing 131 tackle breaks.
Hayne 2009 had 184.

It goes on and on - but what speaks for itself is Hayne single handedly taking a legal team to a grand final. And almost knocking off a team with 1.5 times the payroll.... Slater isn't even the best player on the Storm - Smith is clearly their best, then you've got Inglis and Cronk drives the boat - Slater follows Smith and Cronk around and they make him look good, he makes them look good.

Slater = very good, but Inglis is better.

If you're talking 'best player in the game' you really want need to throw Smith, Thurston, Hayne, Inglis, Civoniceva into the mix.

DC_fan

Coach
Inglis a better athlete but slater is more valuable to the storm.

Slater is the most effective attacking fullback I have ever seen.

I agree Inglis is the better athlete. But Slater is the better football player. Billy is the best fullback I have seen in over 40 years of watching the game. Yes even better then Langlands.

Neither.

Slater is rat cunning but bereft of all sportsmanship or human decency.

Inglis is bonehead stupid.

We all know the one thing both have in common is......

Slater is a better footballer than Inglis. Inglis is the better athlete but he is declining, he's carrying too much weight and is slower than he was 3 years ago. Someone needs to put a rocket up his lazy ass.

If I was choose which one to have at the Raiders it would be Slater by a mile

GB!

Juniors
Slater is a better footballer than Inglis. Inglis is the better athlete but he is declining, he's carrying too much weight and is slower than he was 3 years ago. Someone needs to put a rocket up his lazy ass.

If I was choose which one to have at the Raiders it would be Slater by a mile

has to quote this, cause i think this statement will come back to bite your ass when inglis wins the 100m challenge

little_aza

Juniors
Serious or joking?

Hayne's 2009 was better (just comparing a player who played in a comparable position).

Hayne 2009 had 32.

Hayne 2009 had 184.

It goes on and on - but what speaks for itself is Hayne single handedly taking a legal team to a grand final. And almost knocking off a team with 1.5 times the payroll.... Slater isn't even the best player on the Storm - Smith is clearly their best, then you've got Inglis and Cronk drives the boat - Slater follows Smith and Cronk around and they make him look good, he makes them look good.

If you're talking 'best player in the game' you really want need to throw Smith, Thurston, Hayne, Inglis, Civoniceva into the mix.

That comment belongs in the rorting thread :lol::lol:

Butters

Bench
Serious or joking?

Hayne 2009 had 32.

Hayne 2009 had 184.

The season starts in March not July. Slater was the best player in the NRL from round 1 in 2008 and he continued to show that form for the entire season and went onto back that form up winning man of the tournament in the world cup and winning the golden boot.

Got a source for those stats btw?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Inglis is by far the better player,he can score tries out of nothing all on his own,Slater relies on great teammates giving him inside passes and good kicks etc etc,Slater would be a nobody without great teammates.

Slater could never get the ball from a standing start and score all on his own like a Hayne or Inglis.

Someone

Bench
Inglis may have more talent/potential, but gee he seems uninterested lately. Atleast Slater is playing to his full potnetial.

stormbati

Bench
Inglis is by far the better player,he can score tries out of nothing all on his own,Slater relies on great teammates giving him inside passes and good kicks etc etc,Slater would be a nobody without great teammates.

Slater could never get the ball from a standing start and score all on his own like a Hayne or Inglis.

Talent alone doesn't make you a better player than the next bloke. I'd expect that from you since you love Hayne who is the same type as Inglis. Inglis gets lazy, doesn't show urgency in defense.
Slater can't score from a standing start? Do you even watch Slater?

Slater is the best fullback in the game, you tell me who is better.
Overall, he is better than Inglis. How can anyone seriously say Inglis is the better player overall?

Karlos

Juniors
When Inglis came in to first grade myself and fellow storm fans were blown away by his ability. I think Slater might have been out for a few games because Inglis was playing at FB. At that time Billy was making lots of errors and put in a lot of low percentage kicks. I honestly would have been happy to lose Billy if it meant keeping GI at FB. In the last 3-4 years Billy has improved immensely, still a few errors but they are negligible compared to his good plays.

I think Greg has been a bit lazy as his consistancy has dropped, he could be doing a lot more. For mine currently Billy is the better player and appears to get better each year. Still a massive fan of GI though, cant get enough of those 'dont argue' fends at full pace. Still believe his best position is FB.

Last edited:

Stormsally

Juniors
Billy it is for me - but it would be interesting to see what sort of player GI would have been if he continued to play FB.