What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the bigger cheat?

Warney or Murili

• Murili

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kiwi

First Grade
McSharkie said:
100% correct Oswin. Anyone who knows anything about cricket would totally agree. Warney was stupid and copped a suspension. Murili cheats every day and get's away with it. Murili is the bigger cheat.

So how long have you and Oswin been working for the ICC, you seem to be able to tell us what happens there, and why they don't pull him up for so called chucking.

Murili has been cleared, there is nothing wrong with his action, the only people who seem to have the problem are aussies ( not all some have brains ), wonder if it's because he is a better bowler than Warne? Whats next Shane Bond is a chucker because he is better than anything aussie has to offer in terms of pace attack. Murili is the best spin bowler, isn't a chucker, build a bridge and get over it.

Macca

Coach
Kiwi said:
McSharkie said:
100% correct Oswin. Anyone who knows anything about cricket would totally agree. Warney was stupid and copped a suspension. Murili cheats every day and get's away with it. Murili is the bigger cheat.

So how long have you and Oswin been working for the ICC, you seem to be able to tell us what happens there, and why they don't pull him up for so called chucking.

Murili has been cleared, there is nothing wrong with his action, the only people who seem to have the problem are aussies ( not all some have brains ), wonder if it's because he is a better bowler than Warne? Whats next Shane Bond is a chucker because he is better than anything aussie has to offer in terms of pace attack. Murili is the best spin bowler, isn't a chucker, build a bridge and get over it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at Shane Bond is better than anything aussie has to offer in terms of pace attack. Glenn McGrath and Jason Gillespie's little toe's have more talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murili has been cleared, yes, but not because his action is legal. You cannot honestly look at that arm and tell me it doesn't straighten. He has an unfair advantage and should be outlawed. The ICC don't want to lose Sri Lanka from the game altogether though.

Macca

Coach
Matt23 said:
Option C....there both cheats.

They both cheated yes. Warne took a banned substance and was suspended.

Murili chucks the ball every delivery and get's away with it.

Who is the bigger cheat?

Kiwi

First Grade
McSharkie said:
Kiwi said:
McSharkie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at Shane Bond is better than anything aussie has to offer in terms of pace attack. Glenn McGrath and Jason Gillespie's little toe's have more talent. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Murili has been cleared, yes, but not because his action is legal. You cannot honestly look at that arm and tell me it doesn't straighten. He has an unfair advantage and should be outlawed. The ICC don't want to lose Sri Lanka from the game altogether though.

McGrath is past his best, breaks down every match almost, Gillespie isn't half the bowler Bond is. Bond is Lee's pace almost with McGraths accuracey. He is the best pace bowler going around as far as i'm concerned. An average of 19 in ODI's, strike rate of 26.8, 51 wickets in 28 matches.

McGrath is a first change bowler at best now, gillespie is useless.

And Murili is not a chucker

Matt23

Staff member
Let me guess, he would be if he played for Australia then he would be a chucker :roll:

Kiwi

First Grade
Matt23 said:
Let me guess, he would be if he played for Australia then he would be a chucker :roll:

no who he plays for has nothing to do with it
. If Murili played for oz and was cleared like now, it's all over he's not a chucker. I don't care who a player plays for, i'll give credit where credit is due.

Macca

Coach
Mate, I have no qualms with that. If he bowled with that action and he was Australian, he should be called. If Brett Lee straightens his arm then he should be called. Anyone who chucks should be called, from any country. Do you think Brett Lee chucks? If he does then he has an unfair advantage and should be called. What Murili does is so blatant though.

salivor

First Grade
I think there should be a 3rd option of most idiotic poll ever conducted on this forum. You have Murili who has been cleared by the ICC so by the laws of the game has not cheated. You then have Warne who has been pinged twice, first for match fixing by exchanging match details for money with a bookie and second for taking a banned substance. Who is the bigger cheater? :roll:

budz

Juniors
There have been so many independant tests done to show that Murali doesnt chuck using high sophisticated technology. Now if you guys think you are better than that then feel free to think that you are. Just the same as thinking that your naked eye is better at working out an lbw decision which happens in a split second than using hawk eye.

Iafeta

Referee
McSharkie said:
Obviously the chucker IMO.

Does it anyway shape or form bother you, that in today's modern technological age where we're discussing this over a computer, that no camera footage has ever conclusively proven he's a chucker? Does it amaze you that everyone says "Oh obviously he is", but no one gets out a slow frame camera and shows frame by frame at random using the obviously accessible science of biomechanics that he is a chucker?

C'mon, he's been around for 10 years, you'd think there'd be a big 60 minutes hoo-hah if they were able to prove he was. Maybe the reason is because he isn't? I've usually joined the bandwagon in the past and criticised him, but I watched him the other night and thought his action was clean, the thing that disparages the eye is his flick of the wrist. You are allowed to rotate your wrist in your action, or else all leg spinners would be banned.

The chucking calls are fine, if there is conclusive slow camera biomechanically examined footage that he is one. However, in 10 years, I find it ironic no ones either had the guts, or been able to prove that he is. Ironic indeed.

Iafeta

Referee
Murili has been cleared

Operative words=Has been cleared. Thank you. Game set and match 6-0 6-0 6-0. You said it all yourself, couldn't have said it better.

Any other pantomime people throw up because quite frankly he's a clever bowler is ridiculous. Three words. Has been cleared.

And lets be a little more in depth about how he was cleared shall we? What was the initial investigation. Oh thats right, a random biomechanics camera filming him unawares. What was the result? Bent arm throughout the action, flick of the wrist. Now if a camera capable of slowing things down moreso than your television camera, that actually registers the movement of the bones on a persons physiques says he is clear, shouldn't we just get over it?!

budz

Juniors
McSharkie said:
What Murili does is so blatant though.
Oh mate you are so stupid!! Dont you understand that it is a just an illusion!?! Its his wrist and constant bent arm that makes it looks like he is actually throwing the ball!!

Lets not forget that Warne has cheated on his lovely wife.

McSharkie, your bias is cute. Just wait till Bond hits Australia again and terrorizes the best batting lineup in the world. LOL @ 007 having no talent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ

Immortal
Murali chucks - no question. So does Ahktar - all this silly PC BS justifying their place in the game is beyond me! Too much money in Asia I suspect, so can't piss them off.

As for Warnie - he's an idiot - he's a great bowler, with the IQ of a 4 year old, and several personality disorders. I'd hate to think what he'd do if he wasn't good a cricket!

JJ

Immortal
budz said:
McSharkie said:
What Murili does is so blatant though.
Oh mate you are so stupid!! Dont you understand that it is a just an illusion!?! Its his wrist and constant bent arm that makes it looks like he is actually throwing the ball!!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck - you're saying it's a dog??

I'm sure many of his deliveries are legal, but I am equally sure many, very many are illegal

Macca

Coach
I can't believe you can't see the blatantly obvious. His arm straightens. No doubt. The still frames and biomechanics camera show this too but they cleared him for the reasons already stated.

As for those that think this thread is stupid, feel free not to be part of it. :roll:

ozbash

Referee
now now, dont be a narky mcsharkie :lol:

it a good thread and i am quite surprised by the poll,, i thought the aussies would stick up for warnie but obviously not.

Doctor

Bench
You cannot honestly look at that arm and tell me it doesn't straighten.

I think you're kidding yourself if you can look at his action and not see straightening of the arm, let alone blatantly obvious straightening.

I for one don't swallow everything the ICC spits out, whole. It is an unwritten fact that all organisations have a degree of flexibility in the interests of upholding monetary or political interests as priorities.

Craig

Juniors
To say Murali chucks is a big insult of those who work for the University of Western Australia and Dr. Pyke and co, who are responsible for giving DK Lillee the record he had.