What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the bigger cheat?

Warney or Murili

• Murili

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Iafeta

Referee
McSharkie, please, please for gods sakes become a league referee. If you have eyes that are better than random 1000/frames per second slow motion bio mechanical cameras, then you are exactly what league needs.

You'll be reffing test matches, origin, grand finals. The whole lot.

Get a video McSharkie, watch it extra slow (which by the way is still probably 100 times quicker than the images the ICC and independent analysts have used), and tell me at which point it straightens. Before, or after he puts on a Sri Lankan shirt?

aqua_duck

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
Aqua_Duck, the ICC have not condoned Mugabe's regime, talk about manipulating words. All they've said is, cricket should not be used to make political statements, and so they do not agree with boycotting Zimbabwe tours in order to prove a political point - their interests is in furthering the game in Zimbabwe, which will not occur if no Internationals are played there.

And do I agree with this stance? Yes. Scheduling cricket games outside of Zimbabwe for political reasons will not change the situation there, but will be taking away from the people. Those who will suffer are those under Mugabe disgusting rule.
Well in the 2003 world cup Henry Olonga and Andy Flower if you remember both wore black arm bands as a form of protest against Mugabe's regime during a match and they we're repremanded for this, this form of symbolism does not affect the people of Zimbabwe we re-scheduled tours and what have you it just makes people around the world aware of what is happening yet the ICC condemned this.

aqua_duck

Coach
Oswin said:
You cannot honestly look at that arm and tell me it doesn't straighten.

I think you're kidding yourself if you can look at his action and not see straightening of the arm, let alone blatantly obvious straightening.

I for one don't swallow everything the ICC spits out, whole. It is an unwritten fact that all organisations have a degree of flexibility in the interests of upholding monetary or political interests as priorities.
I agree 100%, people seem to think that the ICC will always be right, they are never wrong, the fact that the ICC have cleared him means nothing, I mean in league if a bloke takes an opponents head off with a swinging arm and yet is cleared by the judiciary, does that mean that he done nothing wrong?

Murali 'has been' cleared but that doesn't mean a bloke will never change his bowling action either, like JJ said, some of his deliveries might be legal but he is walking such a fine line that the smallest inconsistency in his action could be the difference between a legal and an illiegal delivery. What I'm trying to say is, for example if a bowler gets frustrated he might try to find some extyra pace or in Murali's pace, extra spin to try and force a wicket and this could be brought about by an illegality in the delivery, this could also be the result of fatigue, a bowler might very well have a slight inconsistency in his action from the 1st over to the 21 over because of the fatigue factor.

I'm not claiming Murali is a cheat or he chucks every ball, however what I'm saying is Murali treads such a fine line that the slightest change of his action could mean he is chucking it.

Iafeta

Referee
I think everyone is missing the point that Craig made above - Dr Pyke. Individual independent doctor who did a study on Murali and found a clear action. Not just the ICC, Dr Pyke. Why, oh why if there's been so many studies I reiterate has their been no hard proof shown on 60 Minutes or some other tabloid show to make some ratings off his action? The reason, there is no proof. Once again, I stand by their educated judgments rather than the Go-Aussie-Go sentiment that seems to be dreamy eyed on this one. Just offer some legitimate proof, and we'll all be on our way. In 2 pages there has been constructive proof against him being a chucker, in 2 pages there's only been heresay and political cricket conspiracy theories saying he does chuck it. 2 Pages is a long long time.

Iafeta

Referee
Thankfully for Australia, he isn't. How shameful would that be. The country has a lot more going for it than controversy.

CyberKev

Staff member
ozbash said:
now now, dont be a narky mcsharkie :lol:

it a good thread and i am quite surprised by the poll,, i thought the aussies would stick up for warnie but obviously not.

I'm as stunned as you are, Basher!

The ongoing mean spirited Aussie whine about Murali is as embarrassing as it is mischevous and misguided.

If he was an Australian player Oswin & McSharkie would be lauding him to buggery.

Murali has been cleared by experts and the petulance of amateur, biased, barrow pushing ugly Aussies won't change that.

Some people really need to build a bridge, but it is encouraging to see that ugly Aussie syndrome may not be nearly as deeply ingrained as I had thought.

CyberKev