What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the Hardest Hitter in the NRL?

A lot of the smaller guys over the years have been some of the best tacklers going around, can drive their shoulder up into the ribs of the big forwards and lay them out. Today, Dallas Johnson is the best by far. Guys like The Axe, Toovey etc were brilliant defensive players - but I wouldn't say they are the Biggest Hitters - this relates to the sheer impact of the collision.

With this, I'd say that both SBW & David Kidwell come up with the Biggest Hits of the current brigade. Someone mentioned Steve Southern - he too can pull off the odd Bell-ringer. Morley would have won this contest last year.

RABK

Referee
If Luke O'Donnell hits like a 200kg fridge then the likes of Ian Roberts, Paul Harragon and Mark Carroll must have hit like a 500kg brick sh*thouse.

All time though, Haumono wins easily. If he made 15 tackles a game 10 of them were absolute bell ringers. And it didn't matter if you were Reuben Wiki or Adrian Lam - he'd put them on their ass at 100km an hour.

simon says

First Grade
Perth Tiger said:
That was the best fend i've ever seen

Dead set the biggest fend ever......

Although I do have a very fond memory of Pattyckaes dont argue on Rod Jensen in the big one.

Phillips

Referee
as for the small guys... PJ Marsh and Lincoln Withers

otherwise, Tonie Carroll, Ruben Wiki

i know he's not in the NRL anymore... but Kylie Leuluai..

ShineDog

Juniors
SilverSteeler said:
Seeing Matt Rua's name again got me thinking who is the hardest hitter in the NRL?

Monty Betham and Adrian Morley have left so this opens up the category for someone to claim the most feared defender in the game.

Ben Creagh put in some great shots on the weekend. Could it be Sonny-Bill?

Without a doubt : Roy Asotasi

Wiki is the biggest hitter of all time.
He's been hammering players of all sizes since 94.

He started out smashing centres, now he's hammering props.

Stranger

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
All time though, Haumono wins easily. If he made 15 tackles a game 10 of them were absolute bell ringers. And it didn't matter if you were Reuben Wiki or Adrian Lam - he'd put them on their ass at 100km an hour.

:lol: Definately Haumono wins hands down. He could make the big hits highlights reel himself. Never a boring game with him playing :lol:

Breadman

Juniors
Consistently O'Donnell, Carroll, Menzies, Southern, Civo but then you've
got guys like SBW, Leuleai, O'Meley that pull off rippers occasionally.

As for Betham, I wouldn't call him a hard hitter, decent defender and dirty as they come

renouf

Juniors
It's funny how many people haven't even included Tonie Carroll... SBW hardest hitter in the game? what a laugh... Tonie Carroll is without a doubt hands down the hardest and biggest hitter in the game atm.

No other play comes close

ShineDog

Juniors
renouf said:
It's funny how many people haven't even included Tonie Carroll... SBW hardest hitter in the game? what a laugh... Tonie Carroll is without a doubt hands down the hardest and biggest hitter in the game atm.

carroll has nothing on roy asotasi

renouf

Juniors
What about the tackle in the second half of the semi final against Canterbury last season.. Carroll absolutely hammered Nate Myles, he also got Reni Matua in the first half, it was a beauty.

skeepe

Immortal
renouf said:

Carroll's a grub and should have been rubbed out of the game.