What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the NRL's fastest player?

With all the talk about Henry Fa'fili coming to my team (Warrington), it got me to thinking who is THE fastest player out there at the moment?.

Billy Slater seems the stand out on what I have seen on TV, but I dont get to see all the games.

Go The Dolphins

Juniors
Theres a few quickies in the NRL i dont know if rieck is the fastest

Young Stewart from manly is apparently quick enough over the hundred to quailfy for the olympics if he wanted to. Joven Clark at souths, Blacklock, Scott Donald, Matt Bowen, Ty Williams and Rhys Wesser are some speedsters that come to mind

JJ

Immortal
Phil Graham looks the quickest to me... I know people say Reick - but with ball in hand I don't know...

Is it really that important though?

legend

Coach
Scott Donald
Brett Stewart
Eric Grothe
Phil Graham
Rhys Wesser
Nathan Merritt
Matt Rieck
Chris Walker
Billy Slater
Matt Cooper
Stu Kelly

There is no way Nathan Blacklock would come within 10 metres of these guys over 100 metres.

Foz

Bench
Joven Clarke has Slater,Reick,Graham etc covered but I dont know about Stewart from Manly.
Has Clarke played NRL this year? I havent noticed him.

ibeme

First Grade
From what I've heard and seen, that Stewart kid from Manly is the quickest. Can run 100 in 10.6 or something like that.

OVP

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
John hoppoate and todd byrne are pretty damn fast :lol:

Gooooo Toddy the Turtle !! :lol:

This boy can run the 100m in 26.3 minutes ... god he's quick :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Officially it's Reick. At least according to his best times at training. If he was still in first grade, it would be Joven Clarke.

But you've got to wonder what good it is having a great time at training if you can't pull it out come game day. Some examples- last year, Justin Murphy scored a 90 metre try, running straight past Rieck who couldn't make up any ground on him. What about Ryan Cross?? Apparently he is one of the fastest in the comp, but when he made an intercept against Newcastle last weekend he got run down. Ditto Elford from the Tigers, he has great times as well, but when he made an intercept against the Warriors they were coming from all angles to run him down, and the Warriors don't have any noted speedsters.

Matt Cooper is another one of the fastest, has a time of 10.7 over the 100m as well.

chileman

Coach
Brett Stewart has blinding speed, be good to get them all (the above mentioned ) on the footy show and see who really is the fastest!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Clarke was the quickest when he came into the NRL. He could run 100m in 10.4 but i'm not sure if he is that quick now. Stewart looks to be the quickest now.

Note: Clarke is playing on the wing in P/L for Souths

Earl

Coach
Brent Stewart would run laps around any other player in the NRL.

And as for Billy Slater, well he isn't the quickest player at Melbourne ;-)

At Melbourne, Slater is the quickest over 40, but over 100, Matt Geyer beats him. This surprised me a great deal when I found out

legend

Coach
Maybe the NRL could put up a cash prize for the fastest player in the NRL and get one or two from each club to race for the title.

I'd watch it.

Latest posts