What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is you club's most hated ex-player?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Joel Monaghan, acted like an ass when he left..raiders did everything they could..only have to him say his leaving cause he wants to make a rep team..wtf.. also that whole story about him and the raider fans outside canberra staduim..

I dont care for finch either..but he left cause his father was sacked so it makes sense..although at the time it looked like finch could be a very good halfback.

Stranger

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Didn't watch the back end of the year did you? He is a great centre, but Knights fans only watch their own teams games and Origin so I'm not surprised you haven't got a clue.

Yeah played well when we versed parra... :roll:

Face it, he could have easily been the best winger in the comp... he moves to centers and bang... cant even play NSW there.... wonder why?

Smartman

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Joel Monaghan, acted like an ass when he left..raiders did everything they could..only have to him say his leaving cause he wants to make a rep team..wtf.. also that whole story about him and the raider fans outside canberra staduim..

I dont care for finch either..but he left cause his father was sacked so it makes sense..although at the time it looked like finch could be a very good halfback.

Raiders fans will be happy now that theyre not at the club.

Very average players at the rooters now.

Glen

Bench
Stranger said:
Yeah played well when we versed parra... :roll:

Face it, he could have easily been the best winger in the comp... he moves to centers and bang... cant even play NSW there.... wonder why?
Just goes to show that you are insular. Our whole team was pretty average that night but Tahu had an excellent second half of the season. He started off a bit quiet early in the year but was still solid.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Stranger said:
He was never going to get the hooker spot at newi, whats the point of him hanging around?

Tahu for sure...

I don't like him as a person, Stranger. Never have, dickhead Wangi boy of the highest degree.

bluesbreaker

Bench
As for Tahu, jeez guys, he signed with the Knights for a poofteenth of what he could've earnt in his first contract. He had every right to piss off to Parra, and we've got decent centres and wingers coming through as is. I'll never hold a grudge against him, because our management brought it upon themselves by not rewarding him for "signing whatever you offer me" earlier in his career.

Stranger

Coach
Glen said:
Just goes to show that you are insular. Our whole team was pretty average that night but Tahu had an excellent second half of the season. He started off a bit quiet early in the year but was still solid.

Solid... but not great, which is what he was on the wing.

Bluesbreaker you have no idea how much Newi offered him to how much Parra offered him.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Stranger said:
Solid... but not great, which is what he was on the wing.

Bluesbreaker you have no idea how much Newi offered him to how much Parra offered him.

I know in his first contract (which was what i was talking about) he very clearly came out and said "offer me whatever", do you think Knights management offered him anything decent with the roster we had 2000 to 2002? I really don't blame the guy for leaving man, it wasn't about betrayal.

thomo

Juniors
Ash Harrison hurt us the most but I could never hate him given the way he put in every time he put on our jersey.

Chris Walker is the only obvious answer.

bluesbreaker

Bench
And I absolutely despise Parra for trying to buy a comp each and every year, they're worse than the Roosters at it, but I can't begrudge Tahu for doing the right thing by his family when the Knights treated him so poorly.

OVP

Coach
yappy said:
EASY!

John Ribot de Bresac

No one else comes close.

I used to work in Phillip St in the city. One lunchtime, i was walking down Elizabeth St (near the King St corner) and De Bresac was walking along the other way coming towards me. Around the height of the Super League war, i wouldnt have forgiven myself if i didnt let fly at him. Most of what i said was unprintable but the terms "effing anal wart, pr!ck, and @rsehole" were used frequently throughout my eloquent speech. He just walked on red-faced, while everyone else cheered and congratulated me (and added their two bobs worth as well). Needless to say it was the last time i saw De Bresac walking in the city :lol:. I doubt he will ever return.

RABK

Referee
I'd pay to see that.

On that note, i once saw Cliffy Lyons give a bloke who ran a red light on Pitt St an almight spray, Cliffy got a cheer for his efforts. lol

Glen

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
And I absolutely despise Parra for trying to buy a comp each and every year, they're worse than the Roosters at it, but I can't begrudge Tahu for doing the right thing by his family when the Knights treated him so poorly.
Do Newcastle players play for free?

Latest posts