What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your fullback for next year?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I couldn't give a sh!t who they pick as long as they don't play sh!t. And if they do there will someone ready to replace them.

Broncos93

Juniors
If we want a rookie- Beale

If we want someone with X Factor- Kemp

If we want experience- Lockyer

Either one of these 3 options are fine for me. The more I think of it Lockyer might be the best move as it would allow Tim Smith to play halfback. We do need to replace Lockyer so why not do it now!

Are you serious? You have the worlds best footballer for 2 more precious years before (let's face it) a real rough time for the Broncos and you'd replace him now?

user_nat

Coach
Why don't we just kick Lockyer out now?
Who needs him?
We have 2 players who haven't even played a whole good season that can replace him in Kemp and Smith.

beads6

First Grade
yeah i agree clueless recruitment for 2010 why would anyone waste money on a nuffy like Kemp:lol:

Nice try mate, Kemp is basically playing for free so when he tops the try scoring list in the NRL you will be eating your words.:crazy:

Liam

Juniors
Nice try mate, Kemp is basically playing for free so when he tops the try scoring list in the NRL you will be eating your words.:crazy:

Did you watch him play this year? 1 try in 10 games and that was because he was given the ball 5 out with no defenders around him, all Kemp can do is run fast in a straight line.

Dazzat

First Grade
Did you watch him play this year? 1 try in 10 games and that was because he was given the ball 5 out with no defenders around him, all Kemp can do is run fast in a straight line.

Not according to Denan's mother (carrying the alias of Beads). Denan has the "X Factor" ...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Read in the Sunday Mail that Glenn won the 40m sprint at Broncos training. So maybe Glenn should be fullback :p. I wonder who else was racing, i.e. did he beat Kemp and Yow Yeh? That seems surprising to me!

Big Pete

Referee
Over 40m doesn't surprise me, he has wonderful acceleraton.

100m would be different, I'd expect Yow Yeh would take it.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Read in the Sunday Mail that Glenn won the 40m sprint at Broncos training. So maybe Glenn should be fullback :p. I wonder who else was racing, i.e. did he beat Kemp and Yow Yeh? That seems surprising to me!

Glenn was second fastest over 40m last year behind Beale.

neddy

Juniors
Michael spence is really fast aswell and for a back rower i remember i was playing with redcliffe q cup when he was a colt(under19's) he was 3rd fastest in the club and for a backrow/five eight he is unreal i really rate this guy so much i think you should all keep and eye on him he is very underated and also he is in the same calibre of sonny bill williams in the "BIG HIT" department and moulds his new hard running on eddy pettybourne from souths (good boxer also)

and the story of how alex glenn became a bronco is crazy as he never used to be that good but i know now how much hard work can pay off

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Guy Williams won the 400m which shows a great tradeoff between speed and stamina for a forward! The Big Show won the wrestling.

Sorry, this isn't really on the topic...

Kemp or Hoffman for fullback :p

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Michael spence is really fast aswell and for a back rower i remember i was playing with redcliffe q cup when he was a colt(under19's) he was 3rd fastest in the club and for a backrow/five eight he is unreal i really rate this guy so much i think you should all keep and eye on him he is very underated and also he is in the same calibre of sonny bill williams in the "BIG HIT" department and moulds his new hard running on eddy pettybourne from souths (good boxer also)

and the story of how alex glenn became a bronco is crazy as he never used to be that good but i know now how much hard work can pay off

Yea I also have big wraps on Spence from what I saw of him in 2008 in the NYC. I was really dissapointed when he got injured because he had a great chance of debuting this year and i have started to get worried that he isn't on our books anymore but it's great to see that he is and is impressing at training greatly. Can't wait to see him back playing!

Yes, I have read the article about Glenn and it is very inspiring. Can't wait to see where this guy will be in a couple of years. He has all the talent to go far in many positions.

Guy Williams won the 400m which shows a great tradeoff between speed and stamina for a forward! The Big Show won the wrestling
That is crazy. Are you sure that players like Kemp, Beale, Hodges, Yow Yeh etc were in the race? If so then that is quite interesting to see that a backrower has the fastest accell in our team and a backrower also has the most stamina. I really like Guy and I hope we see a bit more of him next year. :D