What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who position does your club need to sign?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Parra need

1. A couple of good centres that can defend well, and good skills. There is Ben Smith in PL, but need more

2. A couple of good props with potential and not just size, but agression too. And can play more game time. Cayless is one of them, but need more back up

3. A couple of good second rowers, good workhorses. Or perhaps use Muckert and Armit more often.

4. Another hooker/dummy half runner coming off the bench. One like we had with Drew and Dunley. One solution is get a good hooker/dummy half runner and move Morris to five-eighth

And finally

5. Get a decent coach, that doesnt recruit players who are reserves in reserve grade in a team lower than us.

Kiwi

First Grade
The Broncos are pretty much set. They have alot of young guns playing for Toowoomba. The only position that needs improving is maybe the wing, but the way Frawley has been playing a backline of Hunt, Devere, Tate, Berrigan, Frawley, Lockyer and Seymour is pretty impresive. The only person that we'll go after is Tuqiri and he'll just slot in pushing Frawley out. Our forwards look even meaner.

So we'll have no one thanks, keep our current talent first, bid for Tuqiri next.

Pigskin

Juniors
Kiwi said:
The Broncos are pretty much set. They have alot of young guns playing for Toowoomba. The only position that needs improving is maybe the wing, but the way Frawley has been playing a backline of Hunt, Devere, Tate, Berrigan, Frawley, Lockyer and Seymour is pretty impresive. The only person that we'll go after is Tuqiri and he'll just slot in pushing Frawley out. Our forwards look even meaner.

So we'll have no one thanks, keep our current talent first, bid for Tuqiri next.

I agree with Kiwi in the main

however I wouldn't mind signing a very young hooker that could be called upon in a crisis and might develop into a great player

and imho we need to buy an already first grade standard front/back rower who is also on the youngish side - need to prepare for life after Webcke/Petero/Tallis - a Pritchard type

Oink !

keeney

First Grade
i'd sign one big prop if wqe have any money left, we dont realy need one, but if parsons does retire itd be handy to have. Having said that though id rather resign everyone first, cept for quigley adn josh smith :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Pigskin said:
Kiwi said:

I agree with Kiwi in the main

however I wouldn't mind signing a very young hooker that could be called upon in a crisis and might develop into a great player

and imho we need to buy an already first grade standard front/back rower who is also on the youngish side - need to prepare for life after Webcke/Petero/Tallis - a Pritchard type

Oink !

I think Ryan is up to scratch Hooker wise, and is still very young. We went really well against the Knights till he went off. Once Ryan went off out attack suffered.

Forwards are the last thing we need. With Learoyd, Thaiday, Carlaw, Costigan, Wyatt, Parker, Meyers ect, the last thing we need is another forward. When Petero and Webcke go, Thaiday and Learoyd will be ready to step up. Costigan already looks the goods, and Carlaw, Parker and Meyers will lead from the front. We are already prepared.

t-ba

Post Whore
Southernsaint said:
Saints need a crafty accountant...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Why not start doing some 'renovation work' on 'a new and exciting Cutlural and Sports centre' deep in the heart of the Illawarra Slums? You could call it the 'Oasis'.

macavity

Referee
We just need to keep other clubs' greedy mitts off what we have and we are sweet.

If Joey leaves (please dont!!!!), however, would be nice to provide a homecoming of sorts to Orford though..... :)

SaintTPP

First Grade
My club needs to RE-sign, Riddell, Kite, Hornby, Ryles and a few other younger guys who are coming off contract. Otherwise we are sweet.

thomo

Juniors
Souths:

- 2 centres (Maddog should be fullback next season)
- five-eighth
- half-back
- 2 props
- hooker

- A HALF BLOODY DECENT COACH!!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Thomo, at least you have plenty of Cap space to work with...

Souths & Manly will be the big spenders after 30 June.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Iafeta

Referee
A fullback, 2 wingers, 2 centres, a five eighth, a halfback, 2 props, a hooker, 2 second rowers, a lock, and four benchmen?

Two hard nosed forwards. Don't care where from, two blokes who just keep carting it forward. There are some good forwards for mine at the Warriors who go unheralded, Koopu, Te Mata, Paleaaesina, Lauaki, they just need 2 hard nosed players to steam roll for 60 minutes.

damo72

Juniors
Seems to me the Eels have to at least try some of their talented youngsters before deciding on recruitment as they are obviously talented but unless we see them we'll never know until they go somewhere else. From the side that ran out on Friday night against the Dragons I would only keep McKinnon, Graham, Grothe, Thorman, Tsoulos, Morris and Hopkins but then again we have Cayless, Hindmarsh, Cannings, Witt, Lyon(maybe), Vaealiki, and O'Dwyer so a quality centre instead of reserve graders and someone like Glenn Morrison wouldn't go astray in the blue and gold

Southernsaint

Staff member
The position that Parra should look at is that of coach - their current one has the "smell of Newtown" about him...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts