What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who set off the flare???

It has to come from behind us, it was at the top of bay 72, so obviously it didn;t come from in front of us, we would have seen it, and the angle made it almost impossible. I'm guessing somone from the uncovered grandstand behind us chucked it down

Im certain it was none of us

Apperetnly ABC radio blamed it on us :evil:

Copa

Bench
I was in Bay 55.. people around me were yelling out.."this aint the bloody soccer!!".

msjd

Juniors
yer i was sitting near the Raiders Army and i just saw all this smoke all of a sudden. i thought it was a fire at first but then relises it wasnt it was a flare or something.
GO YOU MIGHTY RAIDERS

Raider_69

Post Whore
hrundi99 said:
A lady beside/behind us said it was a guy in a blue & red cap.

surprising? hardly
knights fans are IMO the worst, i dare say worse than canterburys
some of the storys told here, have happened to me and mates when at newie is disgraceful.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I was standing a couple of metres from where it was let off, it was a Knights fan who was aged about 15, he was standing in the walkway, lit it, put it next to us, then ran off. Of course the useless security didn't do anything even though it was obvious who did it.

aussies1st

Staff member
was this somewhere in the 60th+ minute? As i remember watching the game on the telly and it panned over to some fans that were looking back at something. I thought maybe it was the fans lighting up something like those Indian cricket fans do.

jed

First Grade
There was no mention made of it on Fox Sports, didn't see a mention on Sky News either. Still haven't read today's papers though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
hopefully the events stay out of main stream media
the media will do anything to put the boots into canberra, and would likely blame it on the army and give them a bad reputation :roll:

raider_at_heart

Juniors
They showed the Raiders army on fox just after it was lit and there was smoke behind you guys. Then they shot it back on the ground to the re-start and the smoke was on the ground.
Then they showed you guys again a couple of minutes later for about 5 seconds so you got some good coverage.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jed and Bay72's heads stick out like dogs balls

on the smoke it showed the smoke then Bay72 saying something and leading off with another song, with jeds melon sitting right in the middle of my screen... i dont think ill ever recover :p :lol:

jed

First Grade
flare1small.jpg

flare2small.jpg

Raider Ultra

Bench
Whilst I am a big fan of flares at the footy the fact is if one gets let off at a home game it means the club is going to be even more reluctant to help us, and the security around us is going to be alot tighter at the next match.

hrundi99

First Grade
My bag wasn't checked when I walked in.

Security needs to do their job, and they clearly didn't.

jed

First Grade
Actually, same here. I thought about it at the time, there was only 1 security guard checking bags at the western entrance. Last weekend at Telstra there were a few trestle tables at each entrance.

hrundi99

First Grade
You could probably hide a flare or two in your dacks if you really wanted to, but they should be checking bags regardless.