What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be added to the train-on squad?

borat

Bench
Hindmarsh & Grothe.

No Raiders thats for certain as they aren't a realistic chance for either the tri-nations nor the PM13. They were found out on the big stage Saturday night.

Raider_69

Post Whore
tonguey, schif, weyman and carney are all some chance

tongue should be a cert, schif too if they discount him heading to union next year (but they wont so he can be discarded), Weyman is apparently going to be picked according to parra pete who has been known to get the odd scoop right

carney is a massive rank outsider but might sneak one

Parramatta- Tahu, Grothe, Hindmarsh
Raiders- Michael Weyman, Clinton Schifcofske

With Amos Roberts Covering one wing for the PM, i cant see a spot for hayne, and Eric Grothe being selected as well, with Brent Tate perhaps on one wing, and Greg Inglis on the other, there is no way hayne will get a shot in

Wingers:
Brent Tate
Greg Inglis
Eric Grothe Jr
Nathan Merritt
Amos Roberts
Clinton Schifcofske (May spend some time on the wing)

aussies1st

Staff member
I would be surprised seeing Weyman picked. Hasn't been in great form these past few weeks. Carney should be given a chance and Tongue.

borat

Bench
Toungue did absolutely nothing on Saturday night. There is far more to the game than just tackling.

sooperdooper

First Grade
its pretty simple out of those 2 teams only one will wear the green and gold in tri nations.... hindmarsh
Players who should be added to the squad and a chance for PM's are:
Parra:
Hindy- Tri nations
Tahu- possible tri nations when fit
Grothe- possible PM
Hayne- Possible PM

Raiders:
Tongue-Possible PM
Weyman-Possbile PM

Thats all!

innsaneink

Referee
borat said:
Toungue did absolutely nothing on Saturday night. There is far more to the game than just tackling.

You dont watch him closely enough......granted he was quiet the other nite - he wasnt alone there - ...but theres more to his game than "just tackling", he runs the ball well, can scoot outta dummy half making good ground, has a good grubber/chase on him, throws a good pass, has a great step etc....

*Take note Legend- another positive Raiders post.

borat

Bench
innsaneink said:
You dont watch him closely enough......granted he was quiet the other nite - he wasnt alone there - ...but theres more to his game than "just tackling", he runs the ball well, can scoot outta dummy half making good ground, has a good grubber/chase on him, throws a good pass, has a great step etc....

*Take note Legend- another positive Raiders post.

Tri nations is for big game players who can step up for the occasion. Toungue had his opportunity to show he is more than a good club player and failed. I would rather see him come through City V Country before tri nations because he is not ready.

innsaneink

Referee
borat said:
Tri nations is for big game players who can step up for the occasion. Toungue had his opportunity to show he is more than a good club player and failed. I would rather see him come through City V Country before tri nations because he is not ready.

One quiet game (if 47 tackles in atrocious conditions is quiet) and he's failed?

Theres also the PM's XIII. But we are only talking about the train on squad here.

The Kiwis selected Rangi (one FG game) Chase in theirs....its called senior rep development

Raider_69

Post Whore
its harsh to nail tongue over that game
he tried his guts out and did everything in his power to get us home
sadly some of his fellow team mates couldnt take a page from his book, that or they tried too hard and had shockers.

borat

Bench
I am not saying he is a bad player, I just think the tri-nations squad should be only for players under serious consideration and for mine Tongue still has a long way to go. He needs to prove himself through city country before he is ready to be considered for tri-nations squad.

His tackling stats also do absolutely nothing for me. He needs far more to his game than just tackling to be a rep player. If rep selection was based on tackling stats than Matt Hilder would be in the Aussie team. He might have more to his game but certainly wasn't on show saturday night.

innsaneink

Referee
borat said:
I am not saying he is a bad player, I just think the tri-nations squad should be only for players under serious consideration and for mine Tongue still has a long way to go. He needs to prove himself through city country before he is ready to be considered for tri-nations squad.

His tackling stats also do absolutely nothing for me. He needs far more to his game than just tackling to be a rep player. If rep selection was based on tackling stats than Matt Hilder would be in the Aussie team. He might have more to his game but certainly wasn't on show saturday night.
Go back just a few games then.

Cronulla V canberra

Tongue

13 runs
97 metres
2 line breaks
55 tackles
1 try

V Melbourne

10 runs
67 metres
40 tackles
3 kicks
2 offloads
2 trys

V Wests

9 runs
77 metre
59 tackles
1 try

These stats show he has more to his game than just tackling, he has a kicking game, he has an offload, he breaks the line, he scores trys.

Latest posts