What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the Australian fullback?

Who should be the Australian fullback?

• Anthony

Votes: 63 63.6%
  • Matt

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Someone else

Votes: 21 21.2%

• Total voters

Razor

Coach
I say Minichello should be. By a mile.

But Chris Close, from the QRL, thinks Bowen should be the Australian fullback.

He's complaining by the suggestion that Australia will not get enough Queensland players. And his comment "There are plenty of in-form Queenslanders who would not let their country down if selected" is pointless. Sure they might do the job, but they shouldn't just get in because they are QLDers. NSW players will do the job better. He never said a word when Bennett was the Australian coach putting QLD players who weren't worthy in the team.

Minichello should and will get it. If Jonathan Thurston isn't the 5/8 then it shows the side is not picked on form just as Ricky said it would be

Mr Saab

Referee
Minichiello will be the 3rd player picked in the team
(Lockyer captain, Johns, Mini)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Minichello, I hate the turd but he is the best no1 in the game. If bowen is there he may be off the bench as there has been no outstanding utility hooker so far this season. Wing has been awful!

Danish

Referee
Mini.

And Locky should NOT be in the side. Even if he manages to scrape in there through some brain explosion of the selectors, Johns should be captain.

humpy

Juniors
I agree that Bowen should be the utility player off the bench. He can cover 5/8 as well as the back line. Bedsy should be able to play full 80 minutes and if he needs a break, then Bowen can come in for a quick dart.

Bomber

Bench
Minichiello.

I don't agree with the comments made by Close and other former Qld Origin players either. Stuart's job is to coach Australia, not a combined Queensland-New South Wales side. He has to choose the best Australian team. If that means 14 Blues and 3 Maroons, then so be it.

What would be concerning is if 7-8 Roosters made the squad....

Moffo

Referee
I know he wouldn't get it but sh*t McKinnon has had a good year in a sh*t side so far

LESStar58

Referee
Bowen is on fire and has been in the running for a go at the #1 jersey since 2004. Put him there. He's a better attacking option with his kicking IMO.

damn am i watching the same games as u guys minnichello has been bad this year hodgson the same Wesser has been prettyy good along with bowen so probley one of them

Parra Guru

Coach
Bowen is kicking arse......

But f*ck I hate Chris Close, I just wish he's p*ss off out of the game

Inferno

Coach
Stranger said:
Mini without a shadow of doubt.

Exactly.

He hasn't set the world on fire so far this year, but he has been solid and had a great game against us last night.

fillapop

Juniors
Mini will get it, the same questions were being asked last year about if mini should be fullback or not. he got it last year and he will get it this year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On form Bowen should be a shoe in. On the selectors form it will be Mini without any doubts.

Kris_man

Bench
Bowen plays like a second fiddle playmaker these days; there's no need for another playmaker so with Lockyer and Johns already in the team, in fact, too many cooks would probably spoil the broth. Having a fullback in Minichiello who actually hits the line hard, instead of surrendering wussily, would complement the side much better.