What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

• Clinton Schifcofske

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark McLinden

• Michael Weyman

• Todd Carney

• Michael Hodgson

• Matt Gafa

• Someone else currently in the squad (State who)

• Recruit a big name and make them captain (eg. Hindmarsh)

• Total voters
This discussion came up in another thread, so why not have a poll on it.

I know this is still ages away because Germ will still be with us until 2006 at which point he'd probably retire, but if we're thinking towards the future, who do you think should be the next captain of the Raiders and why?

For mine it should be Weyman, as he'd be an inspirational type leader and he is young, but the only concern I'd have is that he is very injury prone.

I think Hodgson could be a bolter as I know the team has a lot of respect for him and he is a good talker, but again, the injury thing could come into play.

Your thoughts?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ben Cross :| :mrgreen: :lol:
Id go Matty Gafa, the bloke hasnt all that much experience in the top grade but he is calm, cool and collected, and dosnt mind gettin up the boys, as seen in the warriors golden point game

he or Schif, waymen once they are both gone

Brimmer

Juniors
Marty's lucky to be in the side... let alone be captain. They need a talker... a real talker. For mine, I would reward Croker with the captaincy but I'm not sure about his vocal involvement on the field? I know I would probably ruffle a few feathers but I like the idea of "importing" a captain. Like Smith for example...

Alan Shore

First Grade
Woolford was a poor choice for captain in the first place and Croker should have been selected instead.

Raider_69

Post Whore
when he was selected i would have agreed with you tama but germ has been a fine captain since being selected.

Tik

Juniors
Schiffy...logical choice.
He appears to love the club, love the area, plays with determination and skill (most of the time), and has the respect of the other players ( i think).
Also a good talker, and gets up his team mates if the need arises. :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
Schif will be retiring at the same time as Woolford. Can't see him being an option. Has to be someone pretty young.

Anonymous

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Schif will be retiring at the same time as Woolford. Can't see him being an option. Has to be someone pretty young.

Yeah those were my thoughts too, I was going to say Choc but then I changed my mind to Marty when that occured to me.

Tik

Juniors
Good point on schif hanging up the boots.

That leaves...........probably mclinden #-o . Based on current form, like a few people have said, hes lucky to be in the team, but next year could very well be the year of the mac.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well who else is there?

When Germ leaves I think we will be losing Choc and Toots as well, and possibly Hindy?

This leaves:

-Marty
-Rhino

As genuine contendors, and:

-Tezza
-Tonguey
-Horse
-Toddy
-Campo

As outsiders.

Kris_man

Bench
mclinden. it disgusted me and apalled me when someone suggested on another thread that he should be released.

LOL No way McLinden should get it

The sad thing is I dont see many leaders in the bunch we have now.. Rhino is a leader, and Weyman has that potential. But I'm not a fan of Front Rowers being captain cos they arent on the field for the full 80.

This is outta left field but Terry Campese. He looks to have some leadership qualities, but he's got a hell of a long way to go to develop his game in the next 4 or so years....but hey how many chances has he been given. Not many.

Who knows, its still a wee way off, and anyone could step up in the next 3-4 years. Could be someone we least expect...eg. Nate Smith. :lol:

Brimmer

Juniors
Sorry Kris Man....

I'm with DD on this one. Macca is soft. He has clearly shown over this year that he lacks organisation skills. As great a player he is, he lacks the skills to be a quality 5/8 or halfback. For me, he is a utility. It would be a shame to hand him the captaincy.