What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

• Clinton Schifcofske

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark McLinden

• Michael Weyman

• Todd Carney

• Michael Hodgson

• Matt Gafa

• Someone else currently in the squad (State who)

• Recruit a big name and make them captain (eg. Hindmarsh)

• Total voters

paulquinn49

Bench
No offence to Woolford or anything but I would trade him for Cameron Smith in a heartbeat. Solid defence,good runs from dummy half,can play in the halves, kicking game and goalkicking.

I'd agree.

However... have you noticed that in the last few games, Woolford's kicking game has probably been our best option? :shock:

That's quite scary really... although he has the best grubbers/chip kicks of anyone in the club.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Rhino might be good, Maybe we could have him captain or Weyman, despite not always on the field they would lead by example. McLinden needs less responsibility to focus on his own game

Raider Azz

Bench
I don't really like the idea of a forward being captain. IMO it's best to have a captain who's always on the field.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ball boy said:
69 how could you say woolford was showing more talent when priddis was the australian hooker for super league at the time ?

i recon Woolford was in better form at the time the decision was made
am i the only bloke that wouldnt trade germ for any hooker?
i love the bloke, absolute champion

hrundi99

First Grade
I think Germ's personal game has suffered a little as more pressure has been placed on him to be part of the playmaking collective.

His short runs then passes tell me he is lacking confidence in the halves doing something useful.

I want him to go back to concentrating on dummy-half running (he usually makes 10 metres or more easily when in form) and those quality chips/grubbers past a tiring defense (when not being used as a 5th tackle desperation move).

He may not be as skilled as the likes of Buderus but he leaves it all out on the field, and for that I have enormous respect and appreciation for him.

Montz

Juniors
Schif doesn't have enough years left in him. I wouldn't mind O'Hara, but then again i would like the captain to be on the field at all times. If Mark could handle the added responsibility i think he would be perfect for the postion.