What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should take Ropati's place?

Who should replace JRo if he's out injured?

• Give someone a recall

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Throw in a rookie

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

LeagueNut

First Grade
Presuming JRo is out injured this week ... (story from www.rugbyleague.co.nz)

Centre Jerome Ropati looks likely to miss the next game against Penrith with severe bruising around his shoulder after taking a knock in yesterday's win. Medical staff will know more in the next day or so but coach Ivan Cleary says in the meantime, Ropati is far from comfortable.

... who would you slot in to replace him?

Should Mr Cleary give someone a recall (Byrne, Martin?) or throw a rookie into the mix given that the finals are guaranteed? (Maybe keep Koopu in the centres and throw a bench spot to someone?)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I read somewhere that his shoulder was dislocated.

I'd probably get Koopu in the centres or put Byrne in there.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Hard not to go with Koopu again.

He only missed four tackles against the Raiders, compared to Swann's 6 btw.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Too late to be blooding rookies now. I was hoping Koopu would stay in the centres, but I just know Byrne is going to get back in.

I actually don't mind Byrne in the centres, he plays a good link man to his winger.

You can't help but feel sorry for Ropati. Copping plenty of injury time, hopefully the shoulder comes right.

Skram

Juniors
Koopu or Byrne for mine, preferably Koopu after his last performance but I have no qualms with Byrne, he slots in nicely whenever he's required to.

Skinner

Coach
NIGHTMARE-HITTER said:
Put a vote down for Sonny Fai for me and Skinner :D

Good Lord.....has hell frozen over ?? :lol:

Seriously, Wairangi did the job last week and he will do it again this week.

Martli

Coach
Yeah, Wai would be decent. They may even put Byrne on the bench and send either Wai or Mannering to the forwards.

Rich102

Staff member
NZ Warrior said:
Too late to be blooding rookies now. I was hoping Koopu would stay in the centres, but I just know Byrne is going to get back in.

I actually don't mind Byrne in the centres, he plays a good link man to his winger.

You can't help but feel sorry for Ropati. Copping plenty of injury time, hopefully the shoulder comes right.

And you can wipe that silly smirk off your face!

ozbash

Referee
Rich102 said:
Wairangi for mine and bring Angry Anderson onto the bench.

yep, same here.

compared to Swann's 6 btw.

cool, so how many did loges (who didnt have a great game, to be fair) make ?

tell the whole story doc.. :cool:

Skinner

Coach
ozbash said:
yep, same here.

compared to Swann's 6 btw.

cool, so how many did loges (who didnt have a great game, to be fair) make ?

tell the whole story doc.. :cool:

Maaaate.....he had a Barry Crocker..:D

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wai for mine... quite the contrast from the centre pairing we started the year with, two midgets replaced by two 100kg second rowers!

I would go with Byrne

Koopu should still get the bench spot cos if a back goes down again we have him on the bench. Having Byrne on the bench is a waste of an interchange. Also Ivan mite take into consideration that whoever it is would be marking Michael Jennings who has a bit of gas. Im assuming Byrne is faster than Koopu.

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
I would go with Byrne

Koopu should still get the bench spot cos if a back goes down again we have him on the bench. Having Byrne on the bench is a waste of an interchange. Also Ivan mite take into consideration that whoever it is would be marking Michael Jennings who has a bit of gas. Im assuming Byrne is faster than Koopu.

Dunno - think it might be a close race between byrne and koopu in the pace stakes.

Latest posts