What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who thinks we would win another comp, if Bennett came to coach us for the next 3 years.

Do you think we would win another comp under Bennett if he comes to coach us for the next 3 years

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think many Saints fans believe in Bennett. Some even think of him as the Messiah. It is like they have Faith that Bennett can win us another comp. I thought I would do a poll on how many people think that we will/would win another comp if Bennett was to come and coach us for the next 3 years. I seriously wonder if that Faith that I speak of could play a part on us winning another comp. Pangai Junior and a few good outside backs would also help.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Personally I I think we would be a great chance to win a comp if Bennett brought Pangai junior with him and also managed to snare at least 2 good outside backs, but I wouldn't say that we would win a comp, because nothing is for certain. I haven't voted yet. When Bennett signed for Newcastle at least one bookmaker was offering odds of the chances of Bennett winning a comp there over the 4 years of his contract. The odds were very short.

red rocket

Juniors
It’s an irrelevant question simply because Bennett is not coming.
True Bennett has a year to go unfortunately I am hearing rumours barrett could be on his way home and bringing big Marty with him thought him and Mary were mates but anyway this is what I am hearing can anyone shed some light on this

Frank Facer

First Grade
True Bennett has a year to go unfortunately I am hearing rumours barrett could be on his way home and bringing big Marty with him thought him and Mary were mates but anyway this is what I am hearing can anyone shed some light on this
Mate, I like the idea of Taupau more than the idea of Barrett, but with the addition of Taupau we would have a really strong forward pack. If Barrett could also bring the likes of Tom Turbo with him that would be even better. There are big wraps on Tom wright as 5/8. Dylan Walker would also be a handy pick up for centre. Fonua Blake is another one who would be great. Someone mentioned on the Newcastle site that Brown said Fonua Blake and Pangai Junior were 2 of the types of players that they were looking at, maybe Newy are going big for Pangai?

It was reported Barrett was spotted at the Dragons at some stage this week, however that could just be because Bennett’s name was spelled wrong in some board members phone.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
I've voted no. I believe Wayne's best coaching days are past him. He has only taken sides to three premierships since 2000. The game is changing and he isn't changing with it, in my opinion. Would like to see a coach from outside the system but not Bennett for mine.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I've voted no. I believe Wayne's best coaching days are past him. He has only taken sides to three premierships since 2000. The game is changing and he isn't changing with it, in my opinion. Would like to see a coach from outside the system but not Bennett for mine.
Gee..Had no problem getting the Broncs UP last week , esp allowing for all the scrutiny going on at their Club...
What did our mob offer in the same week ??

dannyt

Coach
Three GFs in the past 18 years, with 2 wins and one loss in golden point.

Shocking record. Why would we even consider him?

St Georgio

Juniors
Absolutely, the burning desires to give the donkeys the middle finger would be a definate in his mind!

Frank Facer

First Grade
I just voted yes, under the proviso that Bennett brings Pangai and gets brings at least 2 good backs with him, and I would rather be positive than negative. I also wanted to see what the results currently were. Right now the poll is 23 yes and 2 no. How about that for an early show of faith.

dannyt

Coach
Lets face it:

Bennett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mary

Bennett has forgotten more about coaching than mary will ever know.

taxidriver

Coach
Not with our current backs and the way they are currently coached.

I don't think a brains trust of Craig Bellamy,Jack Gibson, Wayne Bennett, Warren Ryan and Phil Gould could coach our outside backs to a premiership

I still voted yes to the poll as Bennett would see the problem and fix it

we have juniors that could fill those spots so its not like we'd have to recruit half a dozen new players

Last edited:

Latest posts