What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who thinks we would win another comp, if Bennett came to coach us for the next 3 years.

Do you think we would win another comp under Bennett if he comes to coach us for the next 3 years

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDHD

Juniors
Also, most other teams have a plan B for when they start falling away in a game. They revert to a very simple one-out-and-kick-on-the-fifth style to settle themselves.

THAT IS OUR PLAN A THROUGH Z.

smi962

First Grade
Question is can Bennett coach the side to avoid the 2nd half of season fade out like we have the past 4 years. I say 'yes', meaning we should be competing for a premiership

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
One thing i KNOW 100% is that if Bennett comes we have a far greater chance of winning the GF compared to having Mary, who will still be running block play after block play...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Let me answer the original question thusly:

We have a great roster with a blend of young local talent, rep players and hardened veterans who are clearly one of the superior squads in the comp but seemingly cannot make that next step under the personable but ultimately inept long-term coach who is also a former player.

That could describe this squad, or it could equally describe the situation at the end of 2008.
I think we have a much better squad now than we did at the end of 2008. We do need to replace our 2, 3, 4,5 and Dufty's future is now clouded. Lomax is already here to take one of those positions. With the addition of 2 quality outside backs, and one more good prop, we would have a team capable of challenging for a premiership.

possm

Coach
Let me answer the original question thusly:

We have a great roster with a blend of young local talent, rep players and hardened veterans who are clearly one of the superior squads in the comp but seemingly cannot make that next step under the personable but ultimately inept long-term coach who is also a former player.

That could describe this squad, or it could equally describe the situation at the end of 2008.

We could have good depth in ISP if Aitken, Lafai, Dufty and Latimore gained selection in this team.

Starting the season with Herbert, Lomax and Lawrie in first grade would not have been such a bad move:
Herbert may have stayed on.
Lomax could have shown his talent.
We could have really seen what Lawrie has to offer.
Aitken, Lafai and Latimore may have asked for a release or not taken first grade selection as a given.
We would have had a backline with speed.
We would have tested a young forwards potential in first grade.

possm

Coach
All Bennett would have to do is add some variation to the game plan and keep people accountable
If Bennett could bring Pangai Jr, Roberts and maybe Oats with him, we could have a premiership winning side for 2019. Maybe Herbert would stay:
1. Lomax
2. Macdonald - under Bennett he will shine
3. Herbert
4. Roberts
5. Oats
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. Robson
10. Frizell
11. Leilua
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Pangai Jr
15. K Sims
16. Host
17. Mann

ISP
1. Dufty - more work to be done on his skill-set
2. JP
3. Masters
4. Lafai
5. Sailor
6. Field
7. Nichols
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Lawrie
11. Ford
12. Nisbet
13. Aitken

14. Kerr
15. Latimore
16. Damien Sironen
17. Lovodua

Frank Facer

First Grade
If Bennett could bring Pangai Jr, Roberts and maybe Oats with him, we could have a premiership winning side for 2019. Maybe Herbert would stay:
1. Lomax
2. Macdonald - under Bennett he will shine
3. Herbert
4. Roberts
5. Oats
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. Robson
10. Frizell
11. Leilua
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Pangai Jr
15. K Sims
16. Host
17. Mann

ISP
2. JP
3. Masters
4. Lafai
5. Sailor
6. Field
7. Nichols
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Lawrie
11. Ford
12. Nisbet
13. Aitken

14. Kerr
15. Latimore
16. Damien Sironen
17. Lovodua
If we got Pangai, I would consider him to be our best lock, secondrower and prop. He would definitely be in my starting team.

possm

Coach
If we got Pangai, I would consider him to be our best lock, secondrower and prop. He would definitely be in my starting team.

I understand and maybe he will, it will be up to Bennett. If we don't get Bennett we definitely won't get Oats, Roberts or Pangai Jr.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Brownie could get us there.
I think Brownie has a good football brain. I also think he is good at identifying talent. He is now a lot more experienced than when he coached us and would not be coaching players that he had formerly played with. He is also prepared to give youngsters a go. When he did coach us we had horrendous injury tolls in the years of 04, 05 and 06. We very rarely had our best 13 on the paddock.

I always remember reading story about when we "Joint Ventured" with Illawarra. After we had won one of our early games as a Joint venture, it may have even been our first win. Well Brownie grabbed Barrett after the game and said something like, just wait until we get back to Saint's Leagues club. Brown has red and white blood in him. Bring Back Brownie.

Why isnt anyone from the media grilling Mary over our abysmal performance in second half of the season. That would wipe the smile off his face whenever I see him interviewed on the Dragons website.

Is it any wonder our season has hit rock bottom with the dressing room dust up between Graham and Dufty. If the Englishman said something like "you dont have the skills to play at this level kid". I agree wholeheartedly. All Dufty has is pace. Next time I see him crabbing 50 metres across the field I will scream.

We could have good depth in ISP if Aitken, Lafai, Dufty and Latimore gained selection in this team.

Starting the season with Herbert, Lomax and Lawrie in first grade would not have been such a bad move:
We could have really seen what Lawrie has to offer.
Aitken, Lafai and Latimore may have asked for a release or not taken first grade selection as a given.
We would have had a backline with speed.
We would have tested a young forwards potential in first grade.
We could have really seen what Lawrie has to offer.[/QUOTE]
I agree completely with this but not the bit about Lafai. He has clever ball skills and has pace.. we have yet to see his real pace, acceleration as none of our distributors can put him into space. As for dud Aitken how he has maintained his spot is beyond me. How did he become a Junior Kangaroo?

ISP
2. JP
3. Masters
4. Lafai
5. Sailor
6. Field
7. Nichols
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Lawrie
11. Ford
12. Nisbet
13. Aitken
You are not serious about Graham. He is our workhorse. Every team needs one like him. Lawrie I would also have in the top side and Lafai. Sailor has ball skills doesnt he? Replace the $1million man with him.

St Georgio

Juniors
Next Sunday the great old fox will proove to the board why he is worthy of another 3 year contract!

Gareth67

First Grade
As he Bennett mentioned over the weekend he himself never fully understood the the level of expectation that was placed upon the Dragon team and himself to succeed until he joined the club . As much as I would like him here once again I believe that he doesn’t want to venture this way again. He has other commitments away from footy now that would restrict him to the northern state .

St Georgio

Juniors
As he Bennett mentioned over the weekend he himself never fully understood the the level of expectation that was placed upon the Dragon team and himself to succeed until he joined the club . As much as I would like him here once again I believe that he doesn’t want to venture this way again. He has other commitments away from footy now that would restrict him to the northern state .
wow i must be greastest!

Latest posts