What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better ?

Meth

Staff member
Michael by a mile, he played for Australia, Craig was lucky to play first grade.

Steve Renouf or Justin Hodges?

Renouf. Maybe it's nostalgia, but he was a try scoring freak. Hodges is a very good player who has had a couple of top shelf seasons.

Tim Brasher or Garry Jack?

I'm gonna say Brasher. I only caught the end of Jack's career and he was a brilliant defender, but didn't have the speed and evasive skill of Brasher.

Brasher also kept the best fullback in the world Brett Mullins out of the NSW fullback spot in 94 & 96.

Noa Nadruku or Akuila Uate?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jones. Was brilliant, would love to see him in the current warriors/NZ set up.

Bradley Clyde or Paul Gallen

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Gandalf..... serious ball skills IMO

:lol:
Xmen2_0.png

Jason Maher

Immortal
Clyde was the best lock I've seen play. Very complete player. Gallen is more an inspirational workhorse who just doesn't know when to quit.

One from a classic GF I saw the other day:

Paul Sironen or David Gillespie

mongoose

Coach
Clyde was the best lock I've seen play. Very complete player. Gallen is more an inspirational workhorse who just doesn't know when to quit.

One from a classic GF I saw the other day:

Paul Sironen or David Gillespie

Both great players but Sirronen was a step above Gillespie.

Brett Finch vs Peter Wallace

Jason Maher

Immortal
Both benefited playing next to superstars (Fittler/Cronk and Lockyer respectively). Points decision to Wallace because of his solid defence.

Trent Merrin or Aaron Woods

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
At this stage, Aaron Woods, but Merrin is no slouch either. Both very good front rowers for their age.

Robbie Farah or Danny Buderus?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Seers. At his peak was a delight to watch. Unfortunately he was stuck behind one of the all time great fullbacks in Mullins.

Darren Lockyer or Anthony Minichello?

mongoose

Coach
Lockyer. If he didn't move to 5/8th he would have finished his career as the best No. 1 to ever play the game.

Mark Gasnier vs Justin Hodges

Jason Maher

Immortal
Have to say Gasnier due to my intense dislike of Hodges. He could have been so much better than he was though.