What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who watched 7 news?

greenhat

Juniors
we don't sign people til after they're convicted

read more details of what happened in the smh today
horrible story

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
i don't think so seeing they said "unfortunately we can't name the club due to legal reasons"

why was it so unfortunate they couldnt name the club?

they had nothing to do with the murder

It doesnt matter which club, they mentioned RL, youre over reacting.

They also mention the victim was from a catholic school, the suspects have strong ties to the aboriginal community....its not just RL.

Corbin

Juniors
according to Sky news he was going to move to Sydney, after he had got a scholarship with a NRL club.

So its a Sydney Club

Terrible news about the kid.

[furrycat]

Coach
Corbin said:
according to Sky news he was going to move to Sydney, after he had got a scholarship with a NRL club.

So its a Sydney Club

Terrible news about the kid.

Wow sherlock- I think most of us had determined that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
It doesnt matter which club, they mentioned RL, youre over reacting.

They also mention the victim was from a catholic school, the suspects have strong ties to the aboriginal community....its not just RL.

hardly

if they had said he was about to sign with an NRL club that would be fine. they however said it was unfortunate they couldn't name the club.

tell me why that is unfortunate??

they were not involved in it

his f**king death is the unfortunate thing

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
hardly

if they had said he was about to sign with an NRL club that would be fine. they however said it was unfortunate they couldn't name the club.

tell me why that is unfortunate??

they were not involved in it

his f**king death is the unfortunate thing

Unfortunate cause it looks like one club loses a possible bright RL prospect, though fortunate because it looks like they dont gain a scumbag.

Unfortunate because it'd identify the accused.

Flick that chip off.

Raider Ultra

Bench
gunnamatta bay said:
What if they mentioned the kid was a Muslim or some other religion?
The kids arrested were aboriginal, would think that would be of more interest to the public rather than the fact one was hoping to get an NRL scholarship.

El Diablo

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Unfortunate cause it looks like one club loses a possible bright RL prospect,

lol

so you think they mentioned it because they felt sorry for an NRL club?

thats certainly not the way 7 present stories that have anything to do with RL

what did you think of 7's "exclusive witness" in the Tigers alleged rape scandal?

another poor piece of journalism imo

insaneink said:
Flick that chip off.

it's 7 with the chip, not me

they seem to try and bag league nightly yet are quite happy to have an AFL player who has numerous run-ins with the law as an ambassador. see article http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...llowed-argument/2006/12/04/1165080878675.html

innsaneink

Referee
You have a mega chip....for someone that dont watch certain stations or read certain papers, you sure know all about them.

just heard it in the background earlier when they were talking about the bashing murder of that young fella
Of course.

You asked why it was unfortuante, yet laugh a possible reason I give you, off.
"Its not sevens way" :roll:

Yep, you'd know.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The bottom line is, there was no need to mention anything about NRL or an NRL club. It's pretty irrelevant to the story.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
The kids arrested were aboriginal, would think that would be of more interest to the public rather than the fact one was hoping to get an NRL scholarship.

I'll take your word for it but why would being aboriginal be more newsworthy?

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
totally irrelevant

Just as irrelevant as the victim being from a catholic school....or the suspects being aboriginal...

Its called 'background' & 'details'