What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who watched 7 news?

El Diablo

Post Whore
just heard it in the background earlier when they were talking about the bashing murder of that young fella

i thought i heard the reporter say that one of the blokes arrested had been signed by and NRL club but they "unfortunately couldn't name the club due to legal reasons"

someone please tell me i heard it wrong and it was the victim they were talking about, not one of the alleged kids that bashed him

Y2Eel

First Grade
El Diablo said:
just heard it in the background earlier when they were talking about the bashing murder of that young fella

i thought i heard the reporter say that one of the blokes arrested had been signed by and NRL club but they "unfortunately couldn't name the club due to legal reasons"

someone please tell me i heard it wrong and it was the victim they were talking about, not one of the alleged kids that bashed him

Nope i heard it was one of the Kids who were arrested...

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:

Does it really matter?
A kids dead.

Redback71

First Grade
so what if the guy was signed what difference does it make league is no different to any other occupation.

El Diablo

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Does it really matter?
A kids dead.

that is my point

if 7 were referring to one of the blokes arrested and not the victim i wouldve thought the unfortunate thing was the kids death, not some NRL club

LESStar58

Referee
If the alleged perpetrator is a leaguie no doubt we'll hear about it when the scum at 7 and 10 and the telecrap get thewir hooks into it. c**ts!

In any case, its a tragedy that a kid is dead!

El Diablo

Post Whore
LESStar58 said:
In any case, its a tragedy that a kid is dead!

a point 7 seemed to miss when airing the story (if i heard correctly)

i just cant believe a network would be so low to use a tragedy in what appears to be an attempt to bag league

can channel seven stoop any lower !?

next thing they will be linking any and every crime possible back to rugby league somehow.

A kid died you piriahs ! FFS!

Hellsy

Immortal
Terrible tragedy for sure.

I dont think they were trying to bag league though, yes it was of no relevance to the issue of a kid being killed and shouldnt have even been mentioned but I think they were doing it moreso to portray what one of the arrested kids had to look forward to in his life...... and due to his own stupidity (if convicted) he can now kiss all of that goodbye.

That was my take on the issue anyways

Alex28

Coach
Are we being a tad precious here? Were they looking at bagging League, or were they trying to reflect on the background of the accussed (given they are not allowed to identify them at all due to their age)?

I didn't see the article in question, but did they introduce it as "A NRL Scholarship holder and another minor have been arrested for the murder of..."? That would be an obvious attack at League.

innsaneink

Referee
Alex28 said:
Are we being a tad precious here? Were they looking at bagging League, or were they trying to reflect on the background of the accussed (given they are not allowed to identify them at all due to their age)?

I didn't see the article in question, but did they introduce it as "A NRL Scholarship holder and another minor have been arrested for the murder of..."? That would be an obvious attack at League.

Agree....a bit too much paranoia goin on here

stuke

Bench
Hellsy said:
Terrible tragedy for sure.

I dont think they were trying to bag league though, yes it was of no relevance to the issue of a kid being killed and shouldnt have even been mentioned but I think they were doing it moreso to portray what one of the arrested kids had to look forward to in his life...... and due to his own stupidity (if convicted) he can now kiss all of that goodbye.

That was my take on the issue anyways

that was my take on it too.

DT today reports that one of the accused was hoping to gain a scholarship to an NRL club.

all up though no-one should really care about that, there are bigger issues to be dealt with in the case.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
stuke said:
that was my take on it too.

DT today reports that one of the accused was hoping to gain a scholarship to an NRL club.

all up though no-one should really care about that, there are bigger issues to be dealt with in the case.

Probably brought up in his bail application. His legal representative probably delved into his background and thought it appropriate to mention it.

Hoping and being signed are two different things so it sounds like some reporter from ch 7 got all excited.

Steven@L.W

Juniors
Lets just hope the P.O.S gets put away for a long time (though being 15 its unlikely), so we never have to worry about seeing him on a field.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Alex28 said:

i don't think so seeing they said "unfortunately we can't name the club due to legal reasons"

why was it so unfortunate they couldnt name the club?

they had nothing to do with the murder

aids

Bench
remember, innocent until proven guilty.
also, it was probably the raiders

Latest posts