What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wil we play in the GF

Since 73

First Grade
Fortunately, most favourites got beat on the weekend - which gave us the opportunity to leapfrog one.

Unfortunately, we were shite as well. We are suffering a post-SOO hangover as the Broncs and Storm often do.

Fortunately, we get our top squad back next week and if this shite ain't put to bed we will freefall further from the top 4.

Unfortunately, we have thrown away the chance for easy points against lower teams.

Fortunately, Matt wright made more effort in backing up and creating the extra man in the first 40.

Unfortunately, he has all the evasiveness of a one-legged drunk and worries no-one but his own supporters.

Fortunately, our only conversion was an easy one.

Unfortunately our goal kicker believes he is a goal kicker, but he ain't because it is a fact you need an iron mind to do that job consistently. That he ain't got.

Fortunately, we have a tough, tight pack that says, 'Bring on the arm wrestle and we will win.'

Unfortunately, the last 2 teams have worked out if you throw the ball from the kickoff you will have us twirling circles in defence and grabbing at air.

Fortunately, our halfback discovered he has a running game about 8 weeks ago and put it to good use to get us over the stripe in a coupla wins.

Unfortunately, he has since shelved it and is now about as effective as a high performance running track. His game consists of feeding scrums, dishing the ball sideways and poor kicks. If he persists with the easy option he can fugg off.

Fortunately, we have a ready made 5/8 able to step into the 6 jumper and create some direction. He has a level head. He has the temprament to kick goals. His name is Chad. He has great hair.

Unfortunately, our present 6 is struggling. SOO did his footy no favours. He has had 8 months to work it out and can't. Between now and next week he will just replay his perfromances in his head (where he struggles remember) to his own detriment.

Fortunately, he can be relieved of all this pressure and try on the 1 jumper for size. No goal kicking, no directing - just creating an extra man out wide to get one on one with a defender or get Wade in the same position. And just supporting runners in the ruck.

Unfortunately, that is all I have time for.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
who wants to have a carton with me that we will miss the semis?

cmon free piss for some of you blokes... cmon?

Craigshark

First Grade
I'm on the Carney to fullback bandwagon.. We can't go any worse than what we are at the moment in attack.. At least give Townsend a run with him. Robson was good, but when he's bad he's very, very bad.

island pro

Juniors
I was a critic of Gardz this year and I am a Wright fan... but I found myself wishing we had Gardz today.

Wright was good, but not really dangerous... think he will be a good centre, can put on a move close to the line but in our own half is only 'safe'.

Gordon could have been great but showed the skills of a one-legged centerpede today. He was dead set soft.

Toddy was shit at 5/8 (I know he was injured but if you are that f**ked please don't play). He is our best fullback option atm.

I vote for Carney in the #1.

Frailty

First Grade
I was a critic of Gardz this year and I am a Wright fan... but I found myself wishing we had Gardz today.

Wright was good, but not really dangerous... think he will be a good centre, can put on a move close to the line but in our own half is only 'safe'.

Gordon could have been great but showed the skills of a one-legged centerpede today. He was dead set soft.

Toddy was shit at 5/8 (I know he was injured but if you are that f**ked please don't play). He is our best fullback option atm.

I vote for Carney in the #1.

Does anyone else not remember Gardner constantly getting smashed by the defence... Only to be followed up by terribly slow play the balls.

Vin Fizz

Bench
who wants to have a carton with me that we will miss the semis?

cmon free piss for some of you blokes... cmon?

Ill take your bet Aus. If you win i'll get a carton to you (some how) If I win give the dough to vinnies... Deal?

island pro

Juniors
Does anyone else not remember Gardner constantly getting smashed by the defence... Only to be followed up by terribly slow play the balls.

I remember mate, but he had more attacking nouse and x-factor than Wright and more ticker than Ike.

Never thought I would, but I missed him today, never thought I would (as I prefaced) but I did.

You mentioning his weaknesses confirms Toddy as our most potent fullback. Our best? I'm not sure but our most potent... yes.

taipan

Referee
Based on toaday's performance I believe we will play Parramatta in the grand final.Meaning we have as much chance,as me having a one night stand with Jennifer Hawko.

shaggs

Coach
f**k off all you bandwagoners. Todd to 1 is my ride.

All of you can P1ss off till it happens. I called it weeks ago.

If we play like we did today, we could have Lockyer at 6, JT at 7 and barba at 1 and still lose. The slide is on. Loss to pennies next week witv a tight win over the knights week after. We will finish in seventh and then get bundled out week 2 of semis.

Ads

First Grade
Chad to 7, carney 6, anyone but wright fullback.

Robson has taken us as far as he can and I've been calling wright as he is for months. Shit.

DJShaksta

First Grade
We win the last games like we should've and we're in equal first. Last week was bad, this week was diabolical.
Gal should crush all their heads in a vice

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors
One loss, guys. One bad loss. Haven't seen the game yet but heard it's a shitty performance.

Look over the form guide of all previous premiership winners and there's always a bad loss in there. This is a performance that'll give Flanno - and out critics - a lot of ammo. Hopefully it'll motivate our players.

Could be a good thing methinks. Don't lose the faith just yet.

shaggs

Coach
We win the last games like we should've and we're in equal first. Last week was bad, this week was diabolical.
Gal should crush all their heads in a vice

Gal was watching the dancers at half time. I think his daughter was in it. Perhaps he should have been giving a rev up???

Eion

First Grade
Well that was the first game I've taken my 5 & 7 year old girls to. Thought I was a good parent. Welcome to a lifetime of misery kids.

Quigs

Immortal
THE MATCH HIGHLIGHT FOR ME....

The highlight of the epic must win match for me wasa beautiful little incident.

The returned early from injury Canberra Fullback Dugan in full flight diving over the corner post to try and flip the ball back inside before it goes dead. His herculian effort to try and give his side another four pointer.

Our speed demon fullback at the time Ike is nearly sprinting across to cover the airbourne Dugan

Dugan in his valiant effort takes a big open left handed swipe at the ball. He missus the pill and plants a beautiful bitch slap on Ikes mellon.

I thought, bewdy Duggs, one down, 12 to go. It's a shame time beat him because I think there were quiet a few out there that deserved to be bitch slapped for that shIt they served up today.

If they were not fit to play they shouldn't of been out there.

Since 73

First Grade
f**k off all you bandwagoners. Todd to 1 is my ride.

All of you can P1ss off till it happens. I called it weeks ago.
Really?

If you want to make that call Shaggs, produce your post where you called it first.