What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the 1st player born in the 90's to play first grade?

Iafeta

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
I understand the difference between the concepts...but I don't give a flying rats ass...IMO the Warriors are there to strengthen the Kiwis. If we're being real about things, this is the main reason they were brought into the NRL...and their inability to achieve this is the main reason guys like Geyer & Vautin have called for them to be cut from the comp. Which rookies has Cleary developed in 07? Corey Laurie? LMAO. Most of the players you mentioned weren't brought into first grade by him either.

No you don't understand the difference between the concepts. Clearly you don't or you wouldn't have clicked reply with the same diabolical diatribe you just did, again. So let's compare your fiction above, with the facts below.

After all, do the Eels go for a potential premiership or do they go for glory glory for New South Wales?

Of course we all know the answer, but somewhere in your mind you seem to think the Warriors are different.

Yes, the Warriors debuted one player, convenient argument. Forgot to look at the guys under 23 who were regulars, and Kiwis

Epalahame Lauaki
Sam Rapira
Evarn Tuimavave
Manu Vatuvei
Jerome Ropati
Simon Mannering

Your comment "IMO the Warriors are there to strengthen the Kiwis. If we're being real about things, this is the main reason they were brought into the NRL"... the following players debuted at the Warriors and then played for New Zealand, who debuted before playing for New Zealand.

Hitro Okesene
Tony Tuimavave
Joe Vagana
Syd Eru
Stacey Jones
Marc Ellis
Nigel Vagana
Awen Guttenbeil
Anthony Swann
Logan Swann
Jerry Seuseu
Ali Lautiiti
Joe Gulavao
Monty Betham
Wairangi Koopu
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Paul Whatuira
Shontayne Hape
Henry Fa'afili
Henry Perenara
Motu Tony
Iafeta Paleaaesina
Lance Hohaia
Vinnie Anderson
Thomas Leuluai
Tevita Latu
Jerome Ropati
Epalahame Lauaki
Louis Anderson
Manu Vatuvei
Simon Mannering
Sam Rapira

The Kiwis line up last weekend featured the following players who have played at the Warriors; Whatuira, Hape, Hohaia, Leuluai, Mannering, Rapira, Lauaki, Anderson. 8 players. Out of 17. All Warriors debutants. Considering the obvious problem (not so much problem at an international level) we face in terms of how heavily scouted New Zealand is nowadays by NRL scouts, how much ESL clubs use the Kolpak ruling to their advantage, and the growth of New Zealand players percentage in NRL clubs is, 8 out of 17 is a good result.

You can continue the fiction as much as you want, but the facts prove your argument is nonsensical. Yes, the Warriors debuted just the one player, but Wiki and Price aside the teams they fielded were essentially very young, very inexperienced. How much further should they go? The halves aren't there, they just aren't there, and that is where our major failing is. But you can't polish a turd. The NZRL have a massive part to play in where these players come from, they're either there, or they aren't, and thus far after Jones not a lot of young Kiwi halves have stuck their hands up. That's not necessarily a failure of the Warriors. But whatever rocks your boat.

girvie

Staff member
Dean Whare is a very good centre who i think could debut for the Dragons next year. He was injured early in 2007 so he missed out on representing NSW Under-17s. He's very quick.

JasonE

Bench
I know we are talking about NRL here but over in the UK, Leeds Rhinos gave a debut last week to centre Kallum Watkins. D.O.B 12/3/91

Three of their centres are out injured, he did well and scored a try.

Alehana

Juniors
I know we are talking about NRL here but over in the UK, Leeds Rhinos gave a debut last week to centre Kallum Watkins. D.O.B 12/3/91

Three of their centres are out injured, he did well and scored a try.

wow, thats younger than me

Caged Panther

First Grade
still you would have to think there was some basis for the original suggestion that graham would play so surely his not to far away. Then again this is elliot we're talking about

hot frost

Juniors
There's already been 2 - Andrew McCullough from the Broncos in r10 and the Storm's Joseph Tomane in r13. Source: David Middleton's column in last week's RLW.

Latest posts