What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD Origin Fullback?

Who will be the QLD Origin Fullback?

• Billy Slater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhys Wesser

• Clinton Schifcofske

• Total voters

Meanie

Juniors
Billy Slater should get first dibs on the position. Queensland have got to stop selecting players out of position, Slater on the wing last year was a disaster defensively. That means:

Contenders for fullback: Billy Slater, Matt Bowen, Rhys Wesser, Karmichael Hunt, Clinton Schifscofske

Contenders for wing: Ty Williams, Shannon Hegarty, Justin Hodges (IF he's adjusted to the position by then)

Contenders for centre: Willie Tonga, Brent Tate, Shaun Berrigan, Josh Hannay, Paul Bowman

My selection'd be:

1. Slater
2. T. Williams
3. Tate or Hannay
4. Tonga
5. Hegarty

With Matty Bowen on the bench.

Either way, going to be a hard choice, but I think Billy's earnt the role outright this year and Matty off the bench has been proven to work before (Although they've got to get him into the game BEFORE half time). Just my opinion though.

Striker

Juniors
I posted my line up within the Broncos section on this forum. I picked Shifcofski over Wesser because he can kick, but as someone here pointed out Cameron Smith can kick so my line up would look like this.

1. Wesser
2. Tate
3. Tonga
4. Berrigan
5. Slater

Bench Bowen

Striker

Juniors
My QLD Origin Line up would be as follows

1. Wesser
2. Tate
3. Tonga
4. Berrigan
5. Slater
6. Lockyer (C)
7. Seymore
8. Webke
9. Smith (GK)
10. Price
11. Civonciva
12. Flannery
13. Carrol

14. Bowen
15. McGuire
16. Webb
17. Ross

bomberman

Juniors
Hunt is the most over-rated fullback ever. Please don't compare him to the genuine game-breakers like Slater, Bowen and Wesser. He doesn't even come close.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bomberman's right, Hunt is a joke. He lets the ball bounce, and when he does go for it, he never gets it anyway. If he let the ball bounce like that in Origin, he would be punished!

Slater
Tate
Tonga
Berrigan
Hodges, he doesn't deserve it but I think he'll get it anyway
Lockyer
Prince/Seymour, Prince deserves it more but Seymour is combining real well with Lockyer

Bowen on bench.

Schif will probably make the squad but won't play a game. I hope Hunt doesn't make the team, he should be playing for NZ and not even have the choice. Although it would be good to see Hunt let in alot of tries..

GO NSW!! :D

This SHOULD be the team

1. Schifcoske
2. Slater
3. Bell
4. Tonga
5. Hegarty
6. Lockyer
7. Shepard/Prince - undecided.
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Crocker
12. Flannery
13. Harrison

Bowen
Webb
Stagg
Berrigan

This WILL be the team

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Berrigan
4. Tonga
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Fridgeandafreezer
12. Crocker
13. Caroll

Parker
Thorn
Flannery
Bowen

Mad Dogg

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Bomberman's right, Hunt is a joke. He lets the ball bounce, and when he does go for it, he never gets it anyway. If he let the ball bounce like that in Origin, he would be punished!
You don't think that was because cramp was making it hard for him to get to the ball? Last year Hunt was one of the best fullbacks in the league under the highball. He caught some bombs under pressure that I don't think any other fullback, including Lockyer, would've got.

In saying that, Hunt's still not ready for Origin. Probably next season is when he will be a real contender, but for now it's between Slater, Wesser and Schifcofske (with Bowen coming off the bench).

huntress_555

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunt get in there somewhere! I'm not sure if he will, but it wouldn'e be surprising if he did. I love soo this year, there is so much good talent going around..especially in the backline! :D
All the possibilites for positions 1-5

Hunt
Bowen
Tonga
Berrigan
Tate
Slater
Shif
Williams'
Bott
Hodges
Wesser
Bowman
Hannay
Tonga
any I missed!
:lol:

nqboy

First Grade
I'm thinking it will be the same as last year. Wesser looks back to his best after a less than spectacular 2004, Slater on the wing was sensational and allows him a roving commission, Bowen on the bench for impact. How they fit all those centres and wingers in, I've no idea. I have a soft spot for Bear Bowman and also have high hopes for Hodges at centre but Tonga has one spot sown up and Benny's influence will see Berrigan get one as well. Tate has hit back this year but his shoulder is dodgy. Schif at hundreds, just doesn't do it for me despite his continuing good form at club level, he doesn't seem capable of the big plays at Origin level.

Raider_69

Post Whore
How do you make that assumption nqboy? off his one game for QLD where they were smashed in the forwards and the backs had no ball? What made you think that? Was it his strong defence or his 2 half breaks or was it when he tapped in a Johns touch finder a few metres from the QLD try line with the Blues looking a good bet to score? Mean while doing this out of position on the wing?

Sorry but i remember that game more than most because i was so glad to see schif get what he deserved and i didnt seen him do anything wrong, and definately nothing that warented his dropping... IMO he was made out as a scape goat by Mr Brisbane Bennett, depite being 2nd only to Lockyer for best in the backs that game for QLD.

karmichael hunt is so overrated there is no way he deserves to be mentioned with the likes of wesser, slater, bowen. Everyone thinks hunt can play because of all the hype that steve ricketts and the courier mail drum up for him since they right and article about him every second day.

My team:
bowen
slater
berrigan
tonga
hegarty
lockyer
seymour
webcke
smith
price
crocker
stagg
harrison

Bench: Carl Webb, Civinoceva, southern, Wesser

I've gone for extra mobility because i believe thats where new south wales has had the advantage in the past with players like hindmarsh and fitzgibbon.

Kris_man

Bench
huntress_555 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunt get in there somewhere! I'm not sure if he will, but it wouldn'e be surprising if he did. I love soo this year, there is so much good talent going around..especially in the backline! :D

Hunt
Bowen
Tonga
Berrigan
Tate
Slater
Shif
Williams'
Bott
Hodges
Hannay
Wesser
Bowman
Hannay
Tonga
any I missed!

yes, Steven Bell you goose. why is this bloke so easily overlooked?? i'd also chuck Craig Frawley into the equation. Qld are gonna field a strong team this year. I reckon, thuogh, they should put Jason Smith at halfback, seriously. i guess he's not a long term investment like a Prince or a Sheppard, but he'd be more effective on the day.

NPK

Bench
huntress_555 said:

Hunt
Bowen
Tonga
Berrigan
Tate
Slater
Shif
Williams
Bott
Hodges
Hannay
Wesser
Bowman
Hannay
Tonga
any I missed!
Bell, Donald, Cooper, Hall, Seage, Watts, Webster, Mogg, Hegarty, Martin, Frawley...not that they have any chance of making it.

bula_stormer

Juniors
LEON BOTT is from NSW guys. Far out, Bott dosent qualify for QLD. Either from the Parramatta or West Suburbs comp.Heres my backline anyway

1. Rhyss Wesser
2. Billy Slater
3. Stephen Bell
4. Willie Tonga
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Scott Prince

14. Matt Bowen

Latest posts