What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Storm

Iamback

Coach
Yeo is playing his best footy..

Papali isnt old..neither is marto

Henry and smith both young.

Kenny young.

Patea young.

We have a good mix of experience and youth.

And when we lose our 6 Origin guys?

That is the reason Garner signed and most likely Eisenhuth as well

We have very few players in that 50 game proper FG mark.

Iamback

Coach
Our path to victory is always to keep our middles fresh so that we have energy in defense. Kick to the corners and beat the shit out of them inside their own 20.

What have we ever won with our props making big running metres?

We used to be able to defend too. The side is evolving no way Laurie plays on the wing in the old teams

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Our path to victory is always to keep our middles fresh so that we have energy in defense. Kick to the corners and beat the shit out of them inside their own 20.

need to be able to change on the fly. Fish and ESPECIALLY Leota should have grabbed that game by the balls once Nathan went off

Iamback

Coach
need to be able to change on the fly. Fish and ESPECIALLY Leota should have grabbed that game by the balls once Nathan went off

We out offloaded Parra last week and our only good game this year v Sharks it was 13-2 Offload count.

Laurie is now getting game time back there, So there has been some evolving but some players haven't been up to this year

Girds89

Bench
So you also think Ivan is stubborn?

If MG2 is the best option to start in the backrow, he will.

Sorro and Garner continued injuries are a major concern.

There is really no point speculating on next year, so many things could change, but if Mav keeps ticking off the boxes at training and on the field, his hat will definitely be in the ring.

Lol when have i ever said he is stubborn haha? I haven't even eluded to it. Talking crap with that shit.

I have my opinions on the backrow.. if every is fit geyer will be in cup.. but i certainly hope he keeps improving.. he needs to. We domt have a lot in the immediate future coming through in the 2md row.

Girds89

Bench

Agreed.

Having said that i still think fish and leota could go up a level or 2

Girds89

Bench
look at the runs.

Now divide the metres/ run

8.4m Storm

Just over 8m to us.

Now take off the kick return metres and it looks even worse

Hahah ahh mate.. if you took off our kick return meters every week wed be last on the ladder for meters..

Talking about putting an absolute rubbsih spin on something

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Lol when have i ever said he is stubborn haha? I haven't even eluded to it. Talking crap with that shit.

I have my opinions on the backrow.. if every is fit geyer will be in cup.. but i certainly hope he keeps improving.. he needs to. We domt have a lot in the immediate future coming through in the 2md row.
That was a question not a statement, some of your comments are borderline implying it. Thats why I asked.

Girds89

Bench
That was a question not a statement, some of your comments are borderline implying it. Thats why I asked.

I often and more than most say we need to trust ivan on here.

Ive said sooo many times over the last 12 weeks when people have bagged tago and others that ill back ivan to get this team firing when it counts haha.

Really not sure where you get that from.

I have been critical of him picking laurie on the wing.. i dont think thats a smart decision but hes a 3 time winning coach who am i to judge

Like i say all the time... its a forum. My opinion. Your opinion and everyone elses is just that.

If anything he is shown he isn't stubborn.. i think dropping tito for daine at this time of the year sends a clear message and is a pretty brave big call.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I often and more than most say we need to trust ivan on here.

Ive said sooo many times over the last 12 weeks when people have bagged tago and others that ill back ivan to get this team firing when it counts haha.

Really not sure where you get that from.

I have been critical of him picking laurie on the wing.. i dont think thats a smart decision but hes a 3 time winning coach who am i to judge

Like i say all the time... its a forum. My opinion. Your opinion and everyone elses is just that.

If anything he is shown he isn't stubborn.. i think dropping tito for daine at this time of the year sends a clear message and is a pretty brave big call.
Suggesting that players have been signed / re-signed for certain positions, therefore they will be playing there, to me, suggests a certain level of stubbornness.

Iamback

Coach
Hahah ahh mate.. if you took off our kick return meters every week wed be last on the ladder for meters..

Talking about putting an absolute rubbsih spin on something

No spin needed.

We had 27 more runs so hence had more metres.

the per run to metre we were behind.

Kick pressure was poor from the edges and the middles got found out a few times being lazy behind marker.

Any forward not named Yeo needs to have a look at aspects of their game

Girds89

Bench
Suggesting that players have been signed / re-signed for certain positions, therefore they will be playing there, to me, suggests a certain level of stubbornness.

Are you seriously suggesting that the club doesn't have plans and strong ideas about where players will play and are suited to when going into recruitment haha. That will do me

Girds89

Bench
No spin needed.

We had 27 more runs so hence had more metres.

the per run to metre we were behind.

Kick pressure was poor from the edges and the middles got found out a few times being lazy behind marker.

Any forward not named Yeo needs to have a look at aspects of their game

We have more runs most weeks. Panthers ball..

Your post is the biggestbload of crap ive read.

Yes leota and fish need to go up a gear. But we made more than enough meters last night to win. Even with the 2nd rowers and nath injured.

The more concerning thing and actual issue is the errors.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Yes leota and fish need to go up a gear. But we made more than enough meters last night to win. Even with the 2nd rowers and nath injured.

With who we had available the plan needed to be to go up the guts more than usual. Fish and especially Leota dogged it

Iamback

Coach

You admitted our starting props need to go up a gear.

So why are you arguing then?

The starting props need to lift.

Another prop on the edge.

That is why we lost.

Edwards and To'o cleaned up a try that would of made us 16-0. That was before any real errors were made

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You admitted our starting props need to go up a gear.

So why are you arguing then?

The starting props need to lift.

Another prop on the edge.

That is why we lost.

Edwards and To'o cleaned up a try that would of made us 16-0. That was before any real errors were made
If your 2 "star" props don't lift when you start the game with your backrow out and then your halfback goes down when will they?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Are you seriously suggesting that the club doesn't have plans and strong ideas about where players will play and are suited to when going into recruitment haha. That will do me
No, the club knows why they have recruited players.

I’m suggesting that you don’t and your comments/opinions are demonstrating that.