What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD Origin Fullback?

Who will be the QLD Origin Fullback?

• Billy Slater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhys Wesser

• Clinton Schifcofske

• Total voters

JBW1983

Juniors
1. Bowen
2. Hunt
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Civoneceva
12. Carlaw
13. Stagg (probably pick Carroll and leave stagg out but on form you can't go past Stagg... and im a roosters fan!!)

14. Berrigan
15. Ross
16. Flannery/Crocker (depends on how he goes when he's fit)
17. Webb

Spike

First Grade
skeepe said:
Spike said:
1 Wesser
2 Slater
3 Tate
4 Tonga
5 Schifcofske g/k
9 Bowen?

14 Bowen/Hodges/Berrigan

Unless I'm fogetting someone, I don't think QLD will want to go into the origin series with Lockyer as their first choice goalkicker based on his form and dislike for the role, hence Schif on the wing. Hannay's form around origin time may warrant his selection but that's who I would go with.

While I'd love to see Schifcofske there, you've obviously forgotten that Cameron Smith WILL be the #9 and he can kick a goal or two.

Indeed I have and with that Schif will unfortunately miss out

Spike

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Your kidding right? He'd get killed...it would just leave NSW another target to run at. Imagine Hindmarsh running at him. Smith will be Hooker.

Yeah I forgot about Smith who will no doubt be hooker, however given the opportunity I think Bowen would cause a sh*t load of trouble around the rucks if there were any tired NSW forwards. I'm sure he's played their previously for QLD all be it from the bench and played pretty well and without being made to look like a speed bump.

RABK

Referee
I think Bowen would cause a sh*t load of trouble around the rucks if there were any tired NSW forwards.
He should be able to do that if selected on the bench. Come on and have a dummy half run every set.

Kris_man

Bench
it'll be interesting to see who they go for - Qld have an embarassment of talent in the outside backs. i think two other blokes deserve at least a mention - Steven Bell and Scott Donald. oh, make that three - Craig Frawley 8)

Kris_man

Bench
JBW1983 said:
1. Bowen
2. Hunt
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Civoneceva
12. Carlaw
13. Stagg (probably pick Carroll and leave stagg out but on form you can't go past Stagg... and im a roosters fan!!)

14. Berrigan
15. Ross
16. Flannery/Crocker (depends on how he goes when he's fit)
17. Webb

you sure you're not a Broncos fan?? why is it that whenever a Broncos player plays hald-decent, their names gets touted for Origin (and they usually get picked, too). Ashley Harrison is 1000 times more deserving of the Qld no.13 than Stagg, as is Chris Flannery for that matter. Carlaw seems to be terribly out of form, too, i'd go someone else at second row, probably Mick Crocker who should be back from injury by Origin.

JBW1983

Juniors
Carlaw had a good game from what I saw on fri night... made a couple of big charges, one of which lead to the match winning hodges try... man i hate that guy hodges... he's a second rate sponge who looked barely first grade material on fri night because of the rest of the team

ozboy

Juniors
I think they will have to go with Slater due to their enormous depth they have in the three-quater line. They just have too many good players and do not have to stick him on the wing anymore because of this.

Matt Bowen will continue in his bench role, while Karmichael Hunt will have too wait another year for his chance.

Spike

First Grade
If Qld do go for Slater at fullback and for the long term, I can't see how Hunt is going to push him out of the fullback role next year? Even if Slater moves into the centres, there is still Bowen, Wesser and Schifcofske.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Karmichael is definatly improving so I wouldn't take him out of contention
Wesser hasn't been special in Origin but solid is solid & got the spot last year
If Storm stay in the same form Slater will get it or sure, but like I've said Slater can look awesome one minute & tragic the next
I can't really see Bowen getting the job. Exciting yes, but his size could make him a liability
I think Schifofske should have got in the last 2 year but it's looking like he'll never get picked no matter what he does

So I'll say if Storm stay the same Slater will get it. If not, Wesser

Raider_69

Post Whore
On form Slater or Schifcofske at the moment
if i had to put them in order:

Billy Slater
Clinton Schifcofske
Matthew Bowan
Rhys Wesser

but considering i think slater can play wing and still be just as effective and bowen was a massive success off the bench last season, id go with:

1. Schifcofske
2. Tate
3. Berrigan
4. Tonga
5. Slater
14. Bowen

Kiwi

First Grade
Clinton Schifcofske will not play origin, his rep career is over. Wesser, Slater, Bowen and Hunt will ALL have to be injured for him to play.

Iafeta

Referee
1 Slater - he's the best fullback for mine running around, his kick returns are incredible, and he scoots in and around the halves more effectively from fullback then on the wing, and he's the best in the business at doing it
2 Williams - good player
3 Tonga - no questions asked
4 Tate - he's going okay
5 Bowen - could be lethal out of dummy half

Bullrider

Juniors
Yes and people you have to remember players like Bowman, Hannay, Tai Williams and Matty Sing all great players. In my opinion that is one of the better backlines in the NRL.

1 Slater
2 Williams
3 Tonga
4 Bowman/Hannay (Goal Kicker)
5 Tate

14 Bowen

Form will tell who gets picked in the side

richie8u

Juniors
i love it, Wesser is in great form, almost as good as 2003, and he still doesn't get a mention by most people, just leave him alone SOO time so he can play for the panthers

LESStar58

Referee
I will say Slater cos of my Melby bias. But I'd like to see Bowen get a chance in the starting side in the future. He is practically QLDs answer to Craig Wing and provides considerable options off the bench. hate to say it but Bowen will prolly play the majority of his Origin on the bench...

Corbin

Juniors
1. Schifcofske
2. Ty Williams/ Hegarty
3. Hunt/Hannay
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Fien
9. Smith
17. Bowen

Im still very angry after Friday night :lol:

JBW1983

Juniors
Corbin... I'm a Roosters fan as well but your jokin with that team mate!

Fien is now a hooker, Seymour is the halfback hands down, Hunt will not play in the centres and you've left berrigan out of the team when he's a certainty for at least the bench.

1. Bowen
2. Hunt
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
9. Smith/B. Berrigan (was white hot on friday night and has the combinations happening with the other broncos)
14. S. Berrigan

Corbin

Juniors
Corbin... I'm a Roosters fan as well but your jokin with that team mate!

Fien is now a hooker, Seymour is the halfback hands down, Hunt will not play in the centres and you've left berrigan out of the team when he's a certainty for at least the bench.

1. Bowen
2. Hunt
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Seymour
9. Smith/B. Berrigan (was white hot on friday night and has the combinations happening with the other broncos)
14. S. Berrigan

Yeh thats why i said im still angry about friday night :lol:
Thats why no tate, berrigan and seymore in there 8)

Ok seriously
1. Schifcofske/Hunt
2. Hunt/ Hegarty/ Schifcofske
3. Berrigan
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Prince/Seymor
9. Smith
14. Bowen

Latest posts