What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be Wests Tigers Coach in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucantseeme

Juniors
If Potter goes, then Payton + Kidwell + Mayer should be gone too.

As for getting the right man to coach, it will be tough as the club isn't that appealing at the moment. It reminds me of when Terry Lamb was coach and they got rid of him and Craig Bellamy turned the job down. Deja vu. Same basket case, different year. But now with the added disincentive of having a track record of not supporting the head coach and the added factor of having a coaching director looking over your shoulder.

All the coaches so far have seemed mellow and easy going. Maybe a firecracker is the way to go.

Head Coach: Jason Taylor
Asst. Coach: Matt Parish
Coaching Director: Daniel Anderson

Players were not asked if they wanted Potter sacked in the review. To suggest as much is stupid.

Farah was last to be asked & he wanted no involvement in decisions about the coach.

Its very possible that if he was involved in Sheens downfall, that he may have learnt from the shitstorm that followed, hence his reluctance to be involved this time around.

So as club captain Farah was only asked and gave his opinion to Brian Smith on club facilities, travel arrangements, thoughts on the board, how the juniors are going.......but not a single opinion on Potter's training methods, team unity or Potter's leadership? I dont think so. To suggest our captain wasnt asked questions directly related to Potter's coaching ability is absurd.

Im sure now he wants nothing to do with hiring of new coach for 2015 after his input with Potter and Sheens and backlash he has faced.

macnaz

Staff member
Does it really matter who is coach ?? We havnt even picked a 2015 one and all ready the likes of Austin is telling the place what HE WANTS ... why couldn't that decision from the club be made when we had a new coach to decide 1. If he would be considered a five eight and 2. If he would be needed to fulfill his role at the club in any position needed .
Since when do we sign a player with a guarantee ? Their guarantee is their contact money and not a f**king position .
New board and all ready they are f**king soft f**kers , who would want to be responsible for coaching a side that has a shithouse board not willing to control the players

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Their guarantee is their contact money and not a f**king position .

Yep but again we have stupid Internet rumors stating he is demanding the 6 role. Who knows how true this is. He gets whatever role suits us best.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep but again we have stupid Internet rumors stating he is demanding the 6 role. Who knows how true this is. He gets whatever role suits us best.

Nevermind rumors 05 , regardless he is gone ! IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

Matchball

Bench
Shouldn't be releasing players until a coach is finalized.
What's not useful to one coach doesn't mean the same for the next. Amateurs.

It does seem strange releasing a player who has been one of our best this season before the new coach has been appointed,then again nothing surprises me with the WT management, we will probably get old dead legs Campo in a swap for Austin.

spearby

Juniors
It does seem strange releasing a player who has been one of our best this season before the new coach has been appointed,then again nothing surprises me with the WT management, we will probably get old dead legs Campo in a swap for Austin.

my opinion it gets back to the ceo he runs the footy club this bloke has never taken control since he has been there. take the time teddy signed with Canberra it took farah to speak to the kid . with farah tallis and potter where was the ceo missing in action maybe iam to hard on him

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
not at all.

He's unrelentingly reactive.

The biggest failing you can make as a manager at any level is to be overly reactive.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Early in the year Galloway,Lawrence,Anasta,Blair,Simona and Sirro all deserved to be dropped,we had no injury crisis,this should have happened,the players would of then respected the coach or be in reserve grade.
The latter part of the year would have been so different,so while i feel for Potter he has played a part himself,time to move on in another direction now the horse has bolted.

Read into this what you will but I think it tells a story not worth ignoring.

Wests Tigers with Anasta playing in 2014 - Won 7, Lost 6
Wests Tigers without Anasta playing in 2014 - Won 3, Lost 8

Luke Brooks
Played 15 games with Anasta. In those games, Brooks had 13 Try Assists, 25 Tackle Breaks, 5 Line Breaks and 8 Line Break Assists

Played 6 games without Anasta. In those games, Brooks had 0 Try Assists, 3 Tackle Breaks, 0 Line Breaks and 0 Line Break Assists

He went from having 0.87 Try Assists per game to 0
He went from having 1.67 Tackle Breaks per game to 0.5
He went from having 0.33 Line Breaks per game to 0
He went from having 0.53 Line Break Assists per game to 0

Now I'm no fan of Anasta, but he did have one thing that Moses and Austin doesn't have and that's a big kicking game and experience, which took pressure off Brooks.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Do we know when an announcement will be made? Really want to know which direction the club will be taking next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts