What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will debut for your club in 2010?

skeepe

Immortal
Really? Vidot is a far better defender, makes more line breaks and tackle breaks than Low. He's physically stronger and is almost as quick as Low.
I think Drury needs to step up a little this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joyce, Mataora[\b] or Stuart get a run.

Gee I have a lot of time for Mataora. Is he a Kiwi? Can't remember. Either way, he'll be a mainstay of representative forward packs, be it New Zealand or Queensland, for many years.

Vossy

Bench
Albert Kelly is the most likely to make his debut

some roughies in Townsend, Vave, Gardner, Baille, O'Donnell

slammingsam

Juniors
Really? Vidot is a far better defender, makes more line breaks and tackle breaks than Low. He's physically stronger and is almost as quick as Low.
I think Drury needs to step up a little this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joyce, Mataora or Stuart get a run.

I think Low is alot better on his feet - much better mover.
Thats not to say Vidot is not a damn fine prospect.

Its good that both of them can play multiple positions..
Once Low tightens up his defence he should be in first grade.

slammingsam

Juniors
Peter Mata'utia is likely for the knights. not sure if anyone else will make 1st grade.

It would be good if he could play in one position all year.
Rather then centre/wing/fullback/5/8.

I think its either centre or fullback for him.
He is blessed in everything needed for both of those positions.

nqcowboy87

Bench
akbert kelly very well may debut or he could go the other way and be a karl filiga. theres something about him that reminds me of wes patten, very rocks and diamonds, could be brilliant but could also prove to have a wandering mind

Jake Mullaney: Will get a game here and there probably, was a class above Toyota Cup at the back end of 2009, and will be elligible again in 2010. Size will be his issue.

Andrew Fifita: Man of the match in the TC grand final last year. A very big boy, who can score himself a try or 2. Will get several games off the bench for us, especially if injuries strike. I rate him as the best prospect from our 09 TC side.

The next 2 debuted in 2009, but in 2010 will get a much bigger role
Simon Dwyer: Sheens has huge wraps on this bloke, who can hit a hole, and offload very well for someone his age. Racked up a lot of tries in the 09 TC season, and looked very good in limited opportunities in the NRL side at the back end of 2009, before being a key part of our grand final side in TC.

Willie Mataka: Had a very strong showing in the international tournament between the pacific nations. From all reports did very well in the sprint trials for the NRL squad this year as well. Another guy who got limited opportunities in 09, but looked very good when he was in the top squad. Should be a regular in 2010.

skeepe

Immortal
Mullaney reminds me a lot of Josh Dugan. I think he's ready for first grade now.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
Albert Kelly is the most likely to make his debut

some roughies in Townsend, Vave, Gardner, Baille, O'Donnell

I dont have very high hopes for kelly vossy , very small defence was terrible last year.

Gardner and Mills will be the ones who make the step up this year in my opinion.

Gee I have a lot of time for Mataora. Is he a Kiwi? Can't remember. Either way, he'll be a mainstay of representative forward packs, be it New Zealand or Queensland, for many years.

I hear Cy Lasscock is prgressing well from his leg injury ... I expect big things from him in the front row if he can get a bit of luck this year.

Chachi

Bench
I daresay he qualifies for both, being born/raised in Brisbane and having Cook Islands heritage I believe. If he can continue to improve at the same rate and keep his focus he could become an outstanding forward. Certainly a class above the U20's at times last year.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
I think Jake Marketo (back row) will probably play a game during Origin and one or both of Beau Henry and Kyle Stanley (halves) will debut either off the bench or in the halves if Soward plays Origin.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mullaney reminds me a lot of Josh Dugan. I think he's ready for first grade now.

really? i actually think him and dugan are completely different players.

Mullaney is more of a classic fullback (even though it was his first year there) mainly a great support player and the reciprocate of ingoal grubbers etc.

Dugan seems to play more in the front line

adamkungl

Immortal
We have too much depth in the forwards this year to have any of our NYC forwards make their debut. Jason Clarke played only one game of first grade last season and he will play more in 2010.

Kane Morgan is the only player that is any realistic chance of debuting in 2010 though. Dylan Farrell is an outside chance and Adam Reynolds and Mal Webster are extreme outside chances.

I'm interested to see how Clarke goes, I played a bit with him (and a couple of other Souths NYC players) in u19s