What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will debut for your club in 2010?

nqcowboy87

Bench
Dane Hogan, Leeson Ah Mau, Isaak Ah Mau, Ryan Stig, Will Tupou. Ray Thompson played in Round 26 last year he may get a bit more of a shot.

ray thompsons will play more this year im surprised we bought gallant when we have a almost identical clone of matt bowen in ray thompson

macavity

Referee
Joel Edwards - prop
Zane Tetevano - second row or prop
Pete Mata'utia - wing, centre or fullback
Byron Fruen - wing or centre

how could I forget Eddie!

Also, it will be a sad sad day if Byron gets a run this year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As much as I rate Jake Mullaney, I don't think he is anywhere near Josh Dugan. I really want to keep a close eye on him this year to see if he can maintain that form that took him through the backend of last season. I just think that Darren Nicholls and Robert Lui put a lot of his tries on a platter where as Josh Dugan is capable of everything and anything. I want to see Mullaney ball-play a bit more but I guess his support play and his ability to read the play is his best asset. His defence needs improving as well.

But he is a class player in the making. He will be a first grader, but I don't think it'll be next year where he'll have an impact like Dugan did in the NRL.

i agree with most of this.

mullaney is class but dugan is much more physically ready then mullaney is atm. even then dugan got knocked out a few times whilst putting his body on the line. if mullaney had those types of collisions he would end up in row 37.

one thing i dont agree with is mullaney needing to ball play more. with benji/farah and either moltzen/taumata in the team the tigers DONT need a ball playing fullback.

when did the tigers look their best last year? when gallant was fullback. why? because we had someone hitting holes off short balls up the middle from benji/farah and supporting breaks. this is where moltzen let us down in fullback play.

mullaney is a hodgo clone in that regard and thats why he was so effective imo

NAS

Juniors
Injuries and form will determine who gets a run and who doesn't......But there's plenty of talent that's going to debut at some point this year.....

I think that Shaun Johnson from the Warriors is likely to be the standout. He's got class written all over him.....

Other players who could make a difference (based on their side's depth and weakness in various positions):

Beau Henry (St George- halfback).
Gareth Widdop (Melbourne- fullback, 5/8)
Mullaney (Wests Tigers fullback)
Dylan Farrell (South Sydney centre, 5/8).
Michael Picker (Canberra Raiders 5/8, Lock forward).
Will Hopoate (manly fullback, wing).
Trent Hodgkinson (Manly halfback)
Daly Cherry Evans (Manly Halfback)

Players who got a little first grade last year, who are likely to kick on.

Ray Thompson (Nth Qld- utility).
Jason Clark (south sydney- utility)
Tom Symonds (Roosters- back row,centre).
Kevin Proctor (Melbourne- back row)
David Mead (Gold coast Wing)
Robert Lui- (Wests Tigers- half)
Daniel Vidot (Canberra- wing)

elyod138

Bench
ray thompsons will play more this year im surprised we bought gallant when we have a almost identical clone of matt bowen in ray thompson

Thompson looks like a totally different type of player to me (though I've only seen him play a few times).

Has he ever played at fullback?

Tiger_Tomato

Juniors
i agree with most of this.

mullaney is class but dugan is much more physically ready then mullaney is atm. even then dugan got knocked out a few times whilst putting his body on the line. if mullaney had those types of collisions he would end up in row 37.

one thing i dont agree with is mullaney needing to ball play more. with benji/farah and either moltzen/taumata in the team the tigers DONT need a ball playing fullback.

when did the tigers look their best last year? when gallant was fullback. why? because we had someone hitting holes off short balls up the middle from benji/farah and supporting breaks. this is where moltzen let us down in fullback play.

mullaney is a hodgo clone in that regard and thats why he was so effective imo

totally agree, would love too see the team playing the same way as we did when the mighty tigers chalked up 6 on the trott. Remember gallants try at liechardt against the cowgirls. Big lazy forwars exposed and our little men ran wild. Mullaney would provide this speed around the ruck. Being little is also an advantage in those situations, less to get hold of!!!

Mullaney, A. Fifita to debut.

Bazal

Post Whore
Justin Horo is almost certain to debut, given our lack of forward depth. Tim Robinson and Mitchell Johnson might get a shot as well, form allowing. Anthony Mitchell will probably get at least a few games off the bench too.

footy1

Juniors
These are the players IMO that will debut next year from each club

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Kurtis Lingwoodock
Matt Gillett

CANBERRA RAIDERS

Drury Low
Daniel Joyce
James Stuart
Sam Mataora
Shaun Fensom

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS

Martin Taupau
Daniel Harrison

CRONULLA SHARKS

Stewart Mills
Nathan Gardner
Siosaia Vave

GOLD COAST TITANS

-

MANLY SEA EAGLES

William Hopoate
Darcy Lussick
Trent Hodkinson
Daly Cherry-Evans

MELBOURNE STORM

Matt Duffie
Justin O'Neill
Gareth Widdop

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Joshua Ailaomoi
Joel Edwards
Peter Mata'utia

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS

Shaun Johnson
Elijah Taylor
Bill Tupou

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Will Tupou
David Uhi
Dane Hogan

PARRAMATTA EELS

Anthony Mitchell
Tim Robinson
Justin Horo
Mitchell Johnson

PENRITH PANTHERS

Greg Waddell

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Kane Morgan

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Beau Henry
Kyle Stanley
Jack Bosden
Jake Marketo

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Ryan Williamson
Joseph Leilua
Fine Moeakiola
Kane Linnett
Boyd Cordner
Mose Masoe

WESTS TIGERS

Junior Roqica
Jake Mullaney
Andrew Fifita

Last edited:

Liam

Juniors
Sione Tovo (Knights) and Leeson Ah Mau (Cowboys) have made their debuts footy1.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Jack Bosden for Saints. Not sure Henry is there just yet, but he'll get some limited starts if the first 17 stay fit.

On Dugan - the kid will play for Australia barring injuries. He's freakish and still so young. Raiders have the best mob of genuine NRL ready young guys in the comp. Be good to see Fensom get some time too.

reptar

Juniors
Injuries and form will determine who gets a run and who doesn't......But there's plenty of talent that's going to debut at some point this year.....

I think that Shaun Johnson from the Warriors is likely to be the standout. He's got class written all over him.....

Other players who could make a difference (based on their side's depth and weakness in various positions):

Beau Henry (St George- halfback).
Gareth Widdop (Melbourne- fullback, 5/8)
Mullaney (Wests Tigers fullback)
Dylan Farrell (South Sydney centre, 5/8).
Michael Picker (Canberra Raiders 5/8, Lock forward).
Will Hopoate (manly fullback, wing).
Trent Hodgkinson (Manly halfback)
Daly Cherry Evans (Manly Halfback)

Mick Picker would have to be the smallest lock ever - he makes Tongue look big!

NAS

Juniors
Mick Picker would have to be the smallest lock ever - he makes Tongue look big!

noone said he'd debut at lock mate.....frankly i think that he's an out and out pivot. Solid kicking game and good vision from what I've seen. not quite as good a prospect as Dugan (but then, who is?) but a very good second, along with Johnson from the warriors....

Dylan Farrell

If he gets a run could be anything,
played junoirs against him on the coast for years.
was always at five eight or lock
has great speed and footwork, great vision and can defend solidly
was never the best player in our age group but got better as we got older

reptar

Juniors
noone said he'd debut at lock mate.....frankly i think that he's an out and out pivot. Solid kicking game and good vision from what I've seen. not quite as good a prospect as Dugan (but then, who is?) but a very good second, along with Johnson from the warriors....

Sorry, was just questioning you having lock next to his name. He is an excellent five-eight, and cool under pressure.

NAS

Juniors
Sorry, was just questioning you having lock next to his name. He is an excellent five-eight, and cool under pressure.

I've seen him play lock, which is why I listed him there as well. But yeah I couldn't agree with you more. I don't know how Canberra got all of these really classy juniors all at the one time, but if half of them weren't playing first grade for big stints last year (Dugan, Croker, Vidot, Waddell and others all played first grade last year) I reckon they'd have dominated the under 20's.

Coppo, Dylan Farrell was one of the players who seemed to just get better every time I saw him play last year. If there was a most improved award, I think he'd have won it hands down........ He's also got a real attitude about him which is great.

He reminds me very much of Justin Hodges, and could really be the ace up the bunnies' sleeve this year. Also, there's talk out Redfern way that Matt Mundine has shed the kilos........... with sutton under an injury cloud for the start of the season, Mundine may get his chance in the big leagues. Frankly, he's easily the most naturally gifted footballer in the 20's comp, the only question surrounds his head and whether he's willing to put in.......

sooperdooper

First Grade
I've seen him play lock, which is why I listed him there as well. But yeah I couldn't agree with you more. I don't know how Canberra got all of these really classy juniors all at the one time, but if half of them weren't playing first grade for big stints last year (Dugan, Croker, Vidot, Waddell and others all played first grade last year) I reckon they'd have dominated the under 20's.

Coppo, Dylan Farrell was one of the players who seemed to just get better every time I saw him play last year. If there was a most improved award, I think he'd have won it hands down........ He's also got a real attitude about him which is great.

He reminds me very much of Justin Hodges, and could really be the ace up the bunnies' sleeve this year. Also, there's talk out Redfern way that Matt Mundine has shed the kilos........... with sutton under an injury cloud for the start of the season, Mundine may get his chance in the big leagues. Frankly, he's easily the most naturally gifted footballer in the 20's comp, the only question surrounds his head and whether he's willing to put in.......

mundine, talented... but FAT

Latest posts