What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will finish 8th?

Who will finish 8th?

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Panthers

Votes: 30 24.4%
  • Roosters

Votes: 38 30.9%

• Total voters

The Colonel

Immortal
No team that finishes with a below 50% record "deserves" it. That said Manly have shown consistency for some parts of the year where the Panthers and Roosters have played in fits and farts.

Truth be known, I just want to see the eagles well and truly plucked.....

I honestly can't see the raiders getting up for this game. There is nothing in it for them. Most of the games they have won this year have come from hard gutsy performances. I don't think they will fire up for this. They have too many injuries and nothing to gain from this match.

Unfortunatley we are going to see Manly finish 8th even though they are probly the worst team in the comp on form at the moment.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Charlie Saab said:
my head colonel....brisbane will not win on friday night. Ignore my signature, its there, i wont change it, but brisbane are in alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll sorts of trouble
You mean you won't change it again. lol

RainMan

Juniors
The Colonel said:
No team that finishes with a below 50% record "deserves" it. That said Manly have shown consistency for some parts of the year where the Panthers and Roosters have played in fits and farts.

Truth be known, I just want to see the eagles well and truly plucked.....

No worries about that not happening if Manly make it through. The only hope that any team in 8th spot has got is that the team finishing 1st might be a little to over confident due to all the paper talk etc. about the 8th team being cannon fodder. They may go into the game thinking about the weeks ahead and end up wih a fight on their hands.

Mr Saab

Referee
since 1986, the raiders have only lost their last home game of the yr once...and that was in 2003 vs the chooks.
I know this is a different raiders team to many of the past, but it is an interesting stat.
Having said that, i will still take manly!

Also

Sharks have not won at cronulla since 1989.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Colonel said:
No team that finishes with a below 50% record "deserves" it.

Definitely, if Penrith make it, it will be with a 10/12 win/loss ratio, with perhaps a negative differential. But that's a problem where more than half the teams in a competition can qualify for the finals.