What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will play in the NRL Grand Final in 2005?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
white pointer! said:
well if the dogs can, so can the roosters.

Im just tryin to not be bios towards the sharks.

Difference between us and them is that we haven't had a full compliment on the park at any stage this season. Sydney have and quite simply have failed to perform consistently for any period of time. I personally think that Canterbury will be dangerous if you're meeting them between August and October.

Wagonator

Juniors
Your all raving about Brisbane. One injury to Lockyer and they are gone. Brisbane cannot hold their own without Lockyer. Im going to go all out and tip Brisbane NOT to be in the GF.

I wont discount the Roosters or the Dogs either, both are about to rise in my opinion. The final 10 weeks are vital.

Ideally, id love to see a Saints v Parra GF.

salivor

First Grade
Wagonator said:
Your all raving about Brisbane. One injury to Lockyer and they are gone. Brisbane cannot hold their own without Lockyer. Im going to go all out and tip Brisbane NOT to be in the GF.

I wont discount the Roosters or the Dogs either, both are about to rise in my opinion. The final 10 weeks are vital.

Ideally, id love to see a Saints v Parra GF.

But that goes for just about every team. Melbourne without Orford, Saints without Barrett, Sharks without Kimmorley, Cowboys without Thurston or Bowen, Bulldogs without Anasta, Canberra without Smith, Tigers without Prince or Marshall, Parramatta without Smith or Morris and on and on it goes. Every team has one or two players that are vital to their chances this year.

At least Brisbane have a bit of cover this year with Seymour coming on and guys like Barnes, McGuire and Hunt who can step into 5/8 if required and still have a very competitive side.

yankeeboy

Juniors
I think right now that one of the preliminary finals will be Cowboys vs Broncos, while the other one will be two Sydney clubs out of Cronulla, Saints, and Parra.

If anybody puts a bet for the Bulldogs to win the GF, they are raving mad. The inconsistant way they are playing now (even if they do get Willie and SB back), they won't even make the eight.

Ditto for the Roosters.

Craigshark

First Grade
Dodge said:
WTF? Sportstab are the official betting agency of the NRL and since the Manly game, have had the Bulldogs second favourite at $6.00 behind Brisbane ($4.00).

You would be naive and foolish to think last night's team played well or really had a chance whilst missing Ryan, Anasta, Mason, Tonga, Williams and Maitua. You would be even more dumb to believe that we're gone for the year. I hope to god we come in at 6th or 7th and you lot finish 2nd or 3rd, because we will NAIL you in the finals with our full side.

Dope.

What so now you are trying to tell me that you gave the Bulldogs no hope of winning last night?
Bring Anasta and Ryan into last nights team and you still wouldn't have won..
Mason, it is yet to be seen if he will even come back the same player he was..
Williams is always injured, so i guess you will always have that excuse..
And i really can't see Maitua leading you to a Grand Final win on his own..
IF you make the 8 and we play you, we will just 'NAIL' you like we did in Round 4..

Dope.