What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will play in the NRL Grand Final in 2005?

perth sharkie

Juniors
Dodge said:
Cronulla have no chance of winning the premiership. In the famous words of Jack Gibson, waiting for Cronulla to win a premiership is like leaving the porch light on for Harold Holt.

At least our chances this year aren't as remote as the Bulldogs.

Craigshark

First Grade
Dodge said:
Cronulla have no chance of winning the premiership. In the famous words of Jack Gibson, waiting for Cronulla to win a premiership is like leaving the porch light on for Harold Holt.

Got to be in it to win it..
We are in the 8, are you?

Morenito

Juniors
The Mighty Rabbitohs V the Newcastle

The Knights go on a 14 game winning streak and take the title

yankeeboy

Juniors
My final table:

1. Broncos
2. Eels
3. Cowboys
4. Cronulla
5. Manly
6. Bulldogs
7. Dragons
8. Roosters
9. Warriors
10. Storm
11. Raiders
12. Wests Tigers
13. Souths
14. Penrith
15. Newcastle

Finals Week 1:
1. Broncos d 8. Roosters
7. Dragons d 2. Eels
6. Bulldogs d 3. Cowboys
4. Cronulla d 5. Manly
(Roosters and Manly eliminated)

Finals Week 2:
3. Cowboys d 7. Dragons
2. Eels d 6. Bulldogs

Finals Week 3:
2. Eels d 4. Cronulla
3. Cowboys d 1. Broncos

Grand Final:
2. Eels d 3. Cowboys

Expect the Broncos to choke, as they have done in recent years. The Dragons have a very tough schedule from Rounds 18-24 (2 vs Eels, Cronulla, Manly, Brisbane & Cowboys in QLD 2 weeks in a row, plus the Roosters who really aren't a threat) in addition to the bye and Newcastle. I think they will make the finals, but barely. But expect them to surprise in the finals.

Surely

Post Whore
Dodge said:

Well you would say that when you couldn't win a premiership whilst coaching them.

Misty Bee

First Grade
So no one has any hope for Manly?

I'm warming to a Parra v Saints GF. Brisbane are the big threat to that prediction. I think Parra are playing as good as anyone. Saints are the smokeys, with byes in hand. Bulldogs and Roosetrs are struggling too much.

salivor

First Grade
yankeeboy said:
Expect the Broncos to choke, as they have done in recent years.

Well if your picking us as minor premiers then don't count on it as we've never lost a competition after finishing top of the table.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Misty Bee said:
So no one has any hope for Manly?

I'm warming to a Parra v Saints GF. Brisbane are the big threat to that prediction. I think Parra are playing as good as anyone. Saints are the smokeys, with byes in hand. Bulldogs and Roosetrs are struggling too much.

Sorry, which competition are you watching? The Dogs are back in town. In fact they're second favourite for the title, and they're in 10th spot!

I love all the Shark-fan responses so far. Classic :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dogs wont be in the grand final
Neither will the Roosters

The teams in the top 5 will fight it out for a grand final spot

Brisbane look formiddable at present, Manly lack concentration at times, Sharks can sometimes go missing at vital parts in a game, Parra can just completely switch off at times. Cowboys are the sleeping giant.

I'd love to see the Sharks win the GF as a fitting farewell for the Peach.

Craigshark

First Grade
Dodge said:
Sorry, which competition are you watching? The Dogs are back in town. In fact they're second favourite for the title, and they're in 10th spot!

I love all the Shark-fan responses so far. Classic :lol:

How can they be '2nd favourite' to win the title when they are 10th? :?
It is the Top 8 not the Top 10.. :D
Thankyou, i thought my response was good aswell.. ;-)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saints wont be there sorry.

I say that in all seriousness. I don't think they have what it takes to go all the way this year.

yankeeboy

Juniors
Saints will be in the GF if they can have a team including Hornby, Gasnier, Cooper, Barrett, Head, Ryles, Bailey, and Timmins.

If they have too many injuries (like they do now), forget about it.