What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will ref the Grand Final now

Hurriflatch

Referee
Mander's had a poor game today
Simpkins was a disgrace last night

Tony Archer?
Russell Smith?
Shayne Hayne?

MrSharky

Juniors
Sponsored by Guide Dogs Australia...

icon6.gif

Jono078

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
Mander's had a poor game today
Simpkins was a disgrace last night

Tony Archer?
Russell Smith?
Shayne Hayne?

Did I miss something? I thought it was one of the solid refereeing peformances this year...

nöyd

Staff member
I'm not suggesting for one minute that he should ref the GF but wtf happened to this guy?
mr_bean.gif

MrSharky

Juniors
Um, no.

Mander had a shocker.

He allowed the Tigers far more time to lay in the ruck are than the bronx... therefore giving them no chanceof grafting out a win.

Wouldn't have changed the result... but still...

icon6.gif

MrSharky said:
Um, no.

Mander had a shocker.

He allowed the Tigers far more time to lay in the ruck are than the bronx... therefore giving them no chanceof grafting out a win.

Wouldn't have changed the result... but still...

icon6.gif

Yeah I thought that was disgraceful. Not blaming the ref for the loss, but I didn't think he policed that well enough, and the futher the game went, the longer they were allowed to hold the player down.

Phil Gould will ref the grand final.

Jono078

Referee
As if, Tigers laid on them a bit longer than normal about 2 times from what I say, one that sticks out is Ben Galea, he should of got penalised.

But I thought he was ok.

And big shane webcke didn't drop his 110kg frame on the player everytime slowing the play down? Please...and the efforts of the linesmen? Watch the game again and you will see (a) several foward passes (both sides), (b) Hunt take the ball over the sideline and (c) A bronco strip the ball from Fatts and take it over the sideline. The ten metres was very skinny and on several occasions the player about 3 away from the ruck would retreat 7 metres.

Overall pathetic standard of officiating.

Mr Saab

Referee
Simpkins wont even ref this weekend.
Mick Stone is gone for his stupid decision for his decison not to award a penalty when matt sing knocked the ball out of a storm players hand when attempting to score.

Mander will referee back to back GFs

innsaneink

Referee
Parra v NQ-------Mander
Wests v Saints----Clark

GF- Mander first line of betting at this stage, still has to come thru next weekend ...but if he has a Simpkins/Barry, and Clark goes OK....who knows.