What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will replace Reynolds?

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Pearce and Maloney have to replace the Dogs halves as they were very ordinary and their lack of ability and creativity was really exposed in a game at this level.

Fifita and Bird should be back to replace Merrin and Scott for game 2

TheManBearPig

Juniors
Pearce and Maloney have to replace the Dogs halves as they were very ordinary and their lack of ability and creativity was really exposed in a game at this level.

Fifita and Bird should be back to replace Merrin and Scott for game 2

f**k off, you nuffy. Don't breed either.

Danish

Referee
Greg Bird will replace him. His best games for the blues have been at 5/8 and will bring a massive amount of experience to the role.

We got away with having a rookie halves pairing last night on the back of an incredible defensive display (QLD trumped us is all key attacking stats last night). We need our halves to actually contribute in attack in game 2 if we are to come away with the win.

taxidriver

Coach
Daley will back and reward as many of these players as possible.

the only changes will be due to injury/suspension

BranVan3000

Coach
Greg Bird will replace him. His best games for the blues have been at 5/8 and will bring a massive amount of experience to the role.

We got away with having a rookie halves pairing last night on the back of an incredible defensive display (QLD trumped us is all key attacking stats last night). We need our halves to actually contribute in attack in game 2 if we are to come away with the win.

Ew

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pearce will come in at right half. Nothing surer.

We won last night because both halves defended well, and Pearce at least manages that.

Tackle, kick, catch-pass to Hayne.

#gameplan

Binga

Juniors
Who cares, we can put anyone there. As long as we get the ball to hayne we win

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'd bring in sutton, big body and solid defensively. Mullen would be fine too, I'd just prefer sutton.

Meth

Staff member
I'm not sure the NSW halves had much to do with the win last night. I wonder whether you would have won that game with Pearce and Maloney playing.

Anyway, it seems to be that Hodkinson was mostly there because of his combination with Reynolds, and now Reynolds is gone, you're a little stuck with a guy who, on his own, probably isn't quite up to standard. You obviously don't want to disrupt things in the way that a whole new halves combination would, but you do have the problem of having to introduce someone who will swim, rather than sink.

big hit!

Bench
I'm not sure the NSW halves had much to do with the win last night. I wonder whether you would have won that game with Pearce and Maloney playing.

Anyway, it seems to be that Hodkinson was mostly there because of his combination with Reynolds, and now Reynolds is gone, you're a little stuck with a guy who, on his own, probably isn't quite up to standard. You obviously don't want to disrupt things in the way that a whole new halves combination would, but you do have the problem of having to introduce someone who will swim, rather than sink.

only Canterbury fans will tell you that Hodkinson or reynolds were important to the win.

Admittedly, there was a resemblance of structure in that first half which a NSW team hasn't displayed for years, but as the game wore on and ramped up the two who were supposed to step in and step up put in poor plays and were taken over by Hayne who kept the ship afloat.

That said, you can't keep chopping and changing. As much as I didn't want TH & JR there to begin with, structures need to be improved on with one or two of them there. Punting them takes the team back to last week. Like DCE for QLD, they'll be better for the run.

Meth

Staff member
That said, you can't keep chopping and changing.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

IMO, if Cronk didn't break his arm last night, QLD win. Despite DCE's class, Cronk's injury was massively disruptive.

NSW halves are to them what QLD's pack are to them- they are looking for parity.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i hope hayne gets picked at 6 and dugan at fullback. the more you can limit hayne to one side of the fiedl the better for qld :p