What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will star in 04

Southernsaint

Staff member
For Saints, I'm looking forward to a fit Gasnier & a vastly imporved & developing Ashton Sims...

Cheers,
Ben S.

paulquinn49

Bench
ali said:
From Cronulla.

Foregive me SS but I think Greg Bird is ready to step up. After crashing onto the scene in 2002 he had some jitters last year. But he is the best player in his age group and has played twice as many NRL games than anyone in his age group. He will star this year and cement the number 13 jersey for Cronulla.

Not the number 6 as that will go the very talented Russell Aitken, who would be a great shot for rookie of the year if he hadn't started one first grade game last year.

Greg Bird to cement the number 13 jersey? are you high?

Your rookie of the year played in the 13 jersey last year, Hilder owns Bird

Bird will be the 6 with Aitken playing off the bench or never being heard from again.

ali

Bench
paulquinn49 said:
ali said:
From Cronulla.

Foregive me SS but I think Greg Bird is ready to step up. After crashing onto the scene in 2002 he had some jitters last year. But he is the best player in his age group and has played twice as many NRL games than anyone in his age group. He will star this year and cement the number 13 jersey for Cronulla.

Not the number 6 as that will go the very talented Russell Aitken, who would be a great shot for rookie of the year if he hadn't started one first grade game last year.

Greg Bird to cement the number 13 jersey? are you high?

Your rookie of the year played in the 13 jersey last year, Hilder owns Bird

Bird will be the 6 with Aitken playing off the bench or never being heard from again.

I think Hilder is a decent player, but he's probably never going to be better than an average first grader. Bird has twice as much talent. He was the junior Roos captain last season, so should kick on in the next couple of years.

Freak

Juniors
I expect Firman to have a huge year.
He is a class act and really should get good go forward from his big forward pack. IMO, the best forward pack in the comp.
He will also get much more assistance this year with a fit Barrett outside of him.